Finished Master Bathroom

Jill Wood
8 years ago

Comments (18)

• Jill Wood
    Original Author
    8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

This was a complete remodel and took 3 weeks to complete. Total cost $16,230.40 Bathroom is a little larger than 13' long x 9' wide (not taking into account extra width in tub alclove).

Custom vanity

Carrara
    vanity top, matte

Emtek geometric
    square knobs, chrome ordered online

Glacier Bay
    Brazin mirrors (31x24) from Home Depot

Hampton Bay
    sconces, chrome from Home Depot

Kohler
    Archer undermounted sinks, white from Amazon

Delta
    Dryden sink faucets and towel rings from Amazon

Floor Tile
    – Marazzi Dapple Gray porcelain tile from Home Depot

Shower Tile
    – Daltile Florentine series, matte ordered from local tile store

Accent tile
    in shower provided by contractor

Delta
    RP53496 touch-clean raincan showerhead, chrome from Amazon

Delta
    51504-WC activtouch slide bar handshower, chrome from Amazon

Trim pieces
    in shower, Delta Dryden from Amazon

Kohler
    K-1123-0 Archer 5-foot tub with Delta Dryden roman faucet set from Amazon

American
    Standard Cadet Decor right height 2-piece 1.28 GPF elongated toilet, white from
    Home Depot

Panasonic exhaust
    fan FV-11VF2 from Amazon

Sherwin
    Williams paint in Sleepy Blue

Newbury bath
    stool, chrome from Restoration Hardware

• Jill Wood
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Before pictures. The old chipped garden tub had a lot of surrounding tile and took up a lot of space in the bathroom. We replaced it with a 5' Kohler Archer tub, recessed it further back into the alclove and opened up our floor space. Removal of the pony wall and widening the shower twoards the water closet door, increased the shower size enabling us to have an angled shower bench.

• Related Discussions

Finished Master Bath Photos

Q

Comments (3)
    Your bathroom is beautiful!! I hope you'll post on the conversations side, too, so everyone will see your pics. Not sure everyone there makes it over here to the gallery.
    ...See More

Pictures of finished master bath

Q

Comments (11)
    Thanks for the feedback. We are very happy with everything, and I'm glad we included an upgrade on water heater size since I've been using both of the heads at once! I just wanted to share b/c I'd seen several posts asking for completed project photos in my time lurking/researching. Thanks again for the wealth of information this forum has provided. ~mj
    ...See More

Finished master bathroom (photos)

Q

Comments (21)
    The Vetrazzo countertop is even more gorgeous than I thought. We needed less than half a slab for our 66" vanity. A full slab is 60" x 108", I think. A local tile comany which carries Vetrazzo took care of the fabrication and installation. My contractor has a great Corian fabricator but he didn't want to take the responsibility if it broke in transit, etc. They did a really super job. The half slab with fabrication and installation was $2825. I laugh when I think that this expensive countertop holds two $70 sinks!
    ...See More

Finished Master Bath - pics!

Q

Comments (9)
    I'd love to see your pics, but they've been moved or deleted from your Photobucket account. Can you please put them back? I'm in desperate need of bathroom inspiration right now, particularly windows. Also, I see you used the Grohe Arden, which I'm considering. I'd love to see yours! TIA!
    ...See More
  • PRO
    Mint tile Minneapolis
    8 years ago

Jill, Very NICE.

The work looks very detail and quality oriented. Can you share how that price breaks down with permits, labor and materials?

• sokool1
    8 years ago

Looks beautiful! What a relaxing and modern space! I may be biased though because am using the daltile florentine tile, the kohler archer sinks and the delta Dryden for our bathroom ;)

• Jill Wood
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Tundra Finish Works LLC, the contractor fee for the project was $12,400 and we went over that budget by $400 as we added on a shower glass protectant and the marble vanity top slightly exceeded budget set by contractor. Contractor fee covered the following: labor, electrical (included GFCI plugs, 2 add'l outlets and moving electrical for sconces), plumbing/plumbing supplies, paint supplies/painting
    bathroom, tile/tile supplies/tile install, custom vanity/installation/soft close drawers, marble vanity top, new bathroom door, light
    for shower, frameless glass for shower, relocation of bathroom vent, custom painted wood apron for tub alclove. Plumbing was completely relocated for the tub;
    Plumbing was moved within the same wall for the shower and sink faucets.
    Exhaust fan was installed as none existed in the bathroom prior to the remodel. We purchased tub, sinks, toilet, all the fixtures, sconces, knobs, mirrors, exhaust fan.

***I should add that our master bedroom/bath suite is on the main floor and our basement is unfinished, so there was easy access to plumbing and ductwork.

• Jill Wood
    Original Author
    8 years ago

sokool1, we do like the same things! I can't wait to see your pics. I first saw the daltile florentine from badgergal's post (thank you badgergal!) and knew it was the right choice.

• PRO
    Mint tile Minneapolis
    8 years ago

Very fair pricing, well done.

• alexamorrie
    8 years ago

Very elegant. Clearly you put a lot of thought into this remodel. I'm also surprised how quickly it was done.

I'm thrilled you posted your photos showing three mirrors. I'm going to be redoing my master bath in a very similar fashion to yours and I was wondering how to handle the two sinks with a vanity section in the middle wondering if three mirrors would look odd. Now I can see not only does it not look odd, but by placing the light fixtures where you did, you made it look well balanced and beautiful.

• Jill Wood
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Thanks alexamorrie! Glad the pictures helped you! There was some Saturday work and later evenings to get it done. The frameless shower glass went in last in the 4th week. Late becasue we decided to get ClearShield applied to it.

• Jill Wood
    Original Author
    8 years ago

lilmisfit, I'd love to see pics of how you used the tile. It's budget friendly, and I really like how they look too. Thanks for the kind words!

• User
    8 years ago

Sure. Here's a link to my thread. It's not finished yet, obviously.

http://ths.gardenweb.com/discussions/2984868/my-bathroom-remodel-tiffany-inspired-theme?n=5

• badgergal
    8 years ago

Jill Wood, glad to hear that I inspired you to use the DalTile Florentine tile that my DD used in her bathroom. Your bathroom turned out beautiful. I am getting the itch to redo my hall bathroom. I have a long vanity like you do and hadn't thought about possibly using 3 mirrors like you have. So you maybe inspiring my to do the same. Can you please tell me how long your vanity is how wide the mirrors are.

Would also love to know about the windows in your tub area. They are so pretty. Are they etched glass or window film. Do they provide good privacy at night. I have pleated shades on my MB windows and the are great during the day but at night with the room lights on, from the outside, you can see silhouettes of whoever is in the bathroom. I would like to get nicer windows in my MB.

Jill Wood thanked badgergal
  • Jill Wood
    Original Author
    8 years ago

badgergal, measuring wall to wall, the vanity is 10' (120" long) with the lower vanity portion being 2'. The mirrors are 2' (24" wide). The windows are the real deal, leaded, etched and some stained glass and came with the house when we purchased it. Based on what I can see looking out, you can see shapes through the windows but silhouettes are blurred from the etched glass and distorted/broken-up from the prismatic glass accents. We've never gone out to our side yard at night and looked up through the window. Hubby will check me out in the bathroom tonight, and I'll report back to you tomorrow.

• badgergal
    8 years ago

Thanks Jill for the details. I thought your windows probably were the real deal. Since I already remodel my MB, I probably won't actually replace the windows but maybe I could have the glass replaced. I was kind of hopping yours had window film on them and I could use the same kind you did. Your really don't need to go outside at night and check the privacy at night. I was just wondering if you knew offhand.

My hall bath vanity seems long too me but I measured it and its only 100" so I probably don't have room for 3 mirrors and wall sconces. I will have to play around with it a bit and see what works.

Enjoy your beautiful new bathroom.

Jill Wood thanked badgergal
  • mommytoc
    8 years ago

Jill,

Your bathroom is lovely! I hope you enjoy it as much as I do mine - we used the same shower tile (Daltile Florentine + Mohawk Bertolino (or Bogerra, as it seems to be called now), which is an exact match for the Daltile Florentine). We have 12"x24" tiles on the shower walls, 3"x3" on the shower floor, and 18"x18" on the bathroom floor.

Like pps, I love the mirrors and sconces, too...you really did a great job!

Jill Wood thanked mommytoc
  • writersblock (9b/10a)
    8 years ago

What a beautiful job!

Jill Wood thanked writersblock (9b/10a)
  • jdez
    8 years ago

I've never seen SW Sleepy Blue. I like it.

Jill Wood thanked jdez