SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
acmini

Yellow Leaves on Young Meyer Lemon

acmini
8 years ago

I was hoping someone might have some advice for me about my new potted Meyer Lemon tree.

I received it from Four Winds Growers in January. I left it in the same pot it was in for a couple of months and in early March it started to put out new leaves and flowered. The new leaves were more of a medium green than a dark green and more matte than shiny. I pinched off the flowers, since it is such a small/new plant and re-potted the tree into a slightly larger container. I used an orchid mix combined with perlite and an organic soil, probably 1/3 parts of each, and fertilized with a fish/seaweed fertilizer. Since re-potting there has been no new growth and some of the older leaves are getting yellow. Since noticing that the leaves were yellowing, I mixed in some Jobe's Organic Fruit and Citrus granular fertilizer about two weeks ago. There have been no improvements since doing so and two of the yellow leaves have fallen off. The newer leaves that grew in March remain a paler green and appear not to be changing. There has also been no new growth.

I've read that perhaps there could be an iron or magnesium deficiency, however I hesitate to keep adding more things to the soil before receiving some advice. I am only watering once the soil has dried out and the soil never feels too wet. The plant is in a very sunny unobstructed southern window.

I do wonder about if tap water is possibly an issue - they do use chloramines in our city's water. Has anyone ever heard of this being an issue with Meyer Lemons?

I've attached photos of the plant. Thanks so much in advance for any advice.

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Daniel Russo Home
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars13 Reviews
Premier Interior Design Team Transforming Spaces in Franklin County