SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_24038775

LG Model Split Air Conditioning Cooling Intermittently

User
9 years ago

I have an LG Split Air Con System - small vent unit attached to the wall indoors and larger fan unit outdoors.

It is blowing warm air most of the time, but the compressor comes on intermittently and blows cold air for a short period before reverting back to blowing warm air.

I've had a technician trying to repair it for days now.

The first thing he did was change the 'compressor'? Or he changed some part inside it, but it did not seem to have any effect.

After that, I noted how it was working: it was operating like this:

1) Warm air coming out.
2) Fan comes on for 10 mins,
3) Compressor starts.
4) Blows cold air for 7 minutes.
5) Fan stops and compressor stops.
6) Warm air coming out for 8 mins.
7) Fan comes on (cycle repeats itself from step 2).

The technician then came back and cleaned both inside and outside units, top to bottom with some kind of powerful compressed air cleaner.

Now, it operates in a similar fashion to the cycles described above, except now, it is warm MOST of the time, with the compressor and fan OFF most of the time, and only cold for a short while before going back to warm.

The tech is now 'guessing' that it could be a 'sensor' problem and is going to swap sensors over between my other 'working' LG air con unit to test it.

Another point to mention is that in the short time periods when it does blow cold air, it is not as cold as my other 'working' LG unit.

Many thanks for any pointers in the right direction to solve this problem.
Thanks,
Des.

Comment