SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sayyadina

Probable old garden rose ID help request

Ellen W.
9 years ago

here's my flickr photostream. Hi everyone! I bought a rose at the 2012 Sacramento City Cemetery open garden and incorrectly decided that it was an "Anna Marie de Montraval". Well it's finally settled into my yard and I think there's a better chance of getting it properly named now.

It was labeled as an "unknown polyantha" but I'm thinking it's not a poly. I vaguely recall that the volunteer said the plant had been dug up from a corner of a friend's large yard after being forgotten for several years.

She spent about 9 months in my atrium where she was very unhappy and threw out 15-foot-long canes to climb through my jasmine plants to get the the sun. Now she's in my backyard and is staying shorter with more flowers -- much more flowers. I've uploaded a bunch of pictures to flicker. The scent is nearly identical to the Hoffman Von Fallersleben (a hybrid musk) I got to sniff at this year's open garden.

I have a couple of ideas about what it could be but I really trust your collective knowledge more than anything else.

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Frasure Home Improvements
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Franklin County's Highly Skilled General Contractor