SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
micki777

stuff falling off trees into jugs causing mold a low germination rates

micki
9 years ago

I'm having a very poor germination rate this year. Where I usually put the jugs the trees are dropping some kind of tiny little berries and they are decaying in my containers. They also affect my larger more established plants because last year I realized the beginning of this problem. What can I do? There has been a lot of rain and it is suppose to rain again tonight. I have put as much as I can into my greenhouse but I have 6 tables and more full of stuff. I cut the tops off to air out the plants and tried to start feeding the ones that are rowing to provide some nourishment due to the soggy soil. I am trying to transplant as fast as I can but I have only just gotten started. it's weird it seems like some of the plants were not affected while others didn't germinate at all. Here are a few that did. Lupines, Sweet Williams, Larkspur and campanula. Ones who did poorly. Shasta daisy, Echinaceas, delhiniums and Gaillardia not good either.

Another possibility is lots of seeds came from trades or my own collection: those did the worst. the seeds I bought for 2015 did the best. I'm trying not to get discouraged. Please advice. thank you Micki777

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Franklin County's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living