SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
beatrix_gardens

Young avocado plant with leaves that are curling and twisting...

beatrix_gardens
9 years ago
last modified: 9 years ago

Hi guys! New to this forum. I started an avocado from a seed last summer and currently have a small tree that is probably 1.25 ft tall. It's in a plastic pot with several drain holes as well as pieces of rock and crushed ceramic to help with draininage, last repotted about 2 months ago. It currently is outside under the shade of a larger tree. I live in Puerto Rico and the temperature is pretty hot these days, anywhere from 85-90F. Its getting watered every couple of days and I always see the water draining out through the pot on the bottom.

My main question are the curling/twisting leaves. For some reason this plants new leaves begin to twist on the main new branch. I've tried increasing the shade and water supply but see no relief. While some leaves are still soft, the older leaves have a permanent deformed looking curl. Anyone here have any idea what might be wrong? I have several avocados from seeds, and this is the only one with this issue (all are situated under the larger tree for shade)

I am attaching several pics (some are rotated).

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Industry Leading Landscape Contractors in Franklin County, OH