SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
epak212

First time home buyer figuring out how to renovate old house

epak212
9 years ago

We are currently looking to buy a home and am I am trying to educate myself on renovation needs as the homes in the area are all older 20-50+ years. Because of the periods in which they were built, I am certain that I will require renovation as my tastes are modern/industrial. I was not planning on a gut renovation but a detailed remodel. I looked through some articles on Houzz but I am still a bit fuzzy on some of the roles of architects, designers, interior designers. I was told that it would be a good idea to hire an independent engineer so that the house we end up purchasing doesnt have any hidden issues not checked out from the standard inspection but as for the renovation process, I thought I would hire an architect and an interior designer but maybe it is not necessary? Is a designer all I would need? Ideally I want a third party that can work with the current foundation and structure of the house, take care/monitor the construction aspect and also work with me on the layouts and details of the house. Would anyone be able to provide some advice as to some more articles I should hit or give me a quick download on the various roles involved in renovation? Thank you

Comments (5)