SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
schiari211

Retractable awning recommendations?

schiari211
9 years ago

We are having our back deck off of our kitchen replaced this spring. We have white aluminum siding on our house and the deck faces west. As a result, we can rarely enjoy spending any time out there because it is always way too hot and glaring in the summer. Our large kitchen window also looks out this way and afternoon/evening sun blasts directly into my eyes as I'm sitting at our kitchen table. Once the new deck is in place, we want to install a retractable awning, about 14' wide, reaching 10' out. Features we are looking for are motorized with either a remote or wall switch, some kind of pull down shade or attachment to hang off the front to better block the sign when it gets low in the sky but not below the tree line (when the glare in my eyes is the worst!), and a cover (preferably a rigid hood/case) to keep it clean and safe during the off-season or during storms (we live in Massachusetts).

If anyone has experience with retractable awnings, could you please recommend a brand? I don't even know where to start. I've been on the Sunsetter website, and they post glowing customer reviews, but that's not the most objective source obviously. Thanks for any advice you can give!

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths