SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
beth9116

"Rosier Miniature Roses"

BethC in 8a Forney, TX
9 years ago
last modified: 9 years ago

I picked up a very pretty, mauve colored rose that has a very full bloom on it at the grocery store. The tag only says "Rosier Miniature Rose" and gives a few care details. The rest of the tag is in French. Everything I find online that has "Rosier" in it is in French. Is "Rosier" simply french for rose? Who might be an American distributor for this rose? Could it be Poulsen? I'd love to figure out the name for it.

The flower form seems similar to the "Parade" or the "Patio Hit" roses but I don't see anything to match the color. I'm leaning more to the Patio Hit since the blooms are a little larger than the Parade I already have. Again the color is not right for anything shown.

Comments (7)

• Jasminerose, California, USDA 9b/Sunset 18
    9 years ago

Rosier means rose bush in French as per a translator. Although they don't identify the variety, I think Poulsen Roser A/S usually identifies their their name. Unless, maybe their tag was missing?

9 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Looks like a beautiful rose and will get to be about 3 ft. tall: Avila Poulsen Roser A/S I hope it will do well in your garden :)

9 years ago

I just reread my post and realized I wasn't clear. I meant in my experience, Poulsen Roser A/S puts Poulsen Roser A/S on the tag. They don't identify the rose itself.

• tyla_wise94
    6 years ago

I was gifted a small rose bush labeled the same rosier miniature roses. They were pinkish with white spots. The plant was in poor shape and only had three blooms. I’ve since repotted and nursed it to health. I’m new to gardening and read most roses bloom in 6-8 weeks intervals. The bottom picture was it when I had it a week and the top ones are now. I’ve had it since Valentine’s Day and haven’t had anymore blooms. Does it look healthy? Does anyone know this type of rose? The new pot is about 4 times the size of the first pot.

• HU-999271504
    2 years ago

i received a Rosier miniature rose. looked nice whhen I got it. a couple days later blooms died, leaves fell off. checked further and saw that it wasn’t a plant but just a few ”sticks stuck in the dirt. How disappointing and doesn’t say much for you or the store that sells them as ”bushes.

Joan shaw

• HU-378206445
    9 months ago

My plant finished blooming and stopped growing. I put it outside on the deck and watered it for a month, watching one part yellow and the others stay as they were but no growth. Then one stem began to grow. At two months, three parts of the plant had new growth. The growers did just cut of stalks and put them in dirt, but 3 of the 4 stalks rooted and are now growing.

Sponsored
RTS Home Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
BIA of Central Ohio Award Winning Contractor