SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
telero

Dryer vent replacement?

telero
9 years ago
last modified: 9 years ago

After a bit of reading I've seen that having a non foil/plastic dryer vent hose, with no hard corners/turns, and as short as possible seems to be the best. This should keep the path clear, efficient, and less likely to be a fire hazard. After checking my current dryer vent it looks like it's got a couple pluses and minuses. The laundry room is located at an exterior wall, and the vent goes straight through. So I have about the shortest, most direct route possible. But the connection from the wall to the dryer is slightly offset and currently has a foil vent hose. The problem I see is that I don't really have enough room to move the washer or dryer from side to side to get the vent to line up directly. It seems like the best replacement for the foil hose might be the more rigid, but still flexible, dryer vent kit I see at Lowes (Builder's Best Dryer Vent) but I'm not sure I have enough room to install it either, unless I swap the position of the washer and dryer. Compared to my current vent hose, this dryer vent looks like it would have a less sharp curve, but the overall length would be increased. Getting rid of the foil hose seems like a plus as well. Any thoughts? Am I just overthinking dryer vents?

Laundry · More Info

Comments (4)