SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lynnnm

Advice Regarding My Blog Needed

LynnNM
9 years ago

A while back my DH, a family practice doc, asked me to start a private blog for his patients and their families (and our families). It deals totally with good health, healthful eating and recipes. He gives me short articles that he's written regarding the former and I post tried-and-true recipes that I've created or adapted to make more healthful. I take all of my own pics of the these recipes to post, as well. It's designed so that patients don't need to "join it"; they just need to know the internet address for it. This makes it very easy and attractive for his older patients to use. As such, I designed it as a non-interactive site, with no way to post questions or comments.

But, I'm now finding some great recipes on other like-minded blogs and sites that I want to also use. Recipes, that, of course, I've tried or will try first and perhaps adapt some. I'd also like to add a page of links to such sites that we think our patients might enjoy for further recipes. I have questions, though, as to how best to do this.

1) For these new recipes that I've found, I need to write them out on my blog in full, for easy access. A number of DH's patients are older and, while they love reading and trying my recipes, don't want to get "too involved" with other internet sites . . . or, frankly, have a difficult time maneuvering on the internet. Can I just give specific credit to the author and site where I've found them or do I need to get permission first from the author?

2) On the Like Minded Sites page, do I need to get permission to link them first? Most are public, but give you the option to join their blog. This, of course, would be up to the individual patients if they wish to do so.

3) My other dilemma is that, while I'd like to give our patients links to a few other sites they might enjoy, I absolutely do not want to have those sites add links to my blog. If I contact these site/blog owners, I'm worried that this might happen.

Thanks for any and all advice!

Lynn

Comments (18)