SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
marjen

Feedback on Plan, kinda stuck

marjen
9 years ago

Hey all,

We are in the planning stages for hopefully building a new house. Found a nice lot we like, just working on securing it. I have been working on the plans but have a few sticking issues and know there are some creative folks here.

We are looking to downsize a bit, current house is around 3300 sq ft. Kids have a couple years of HS left then will be off to college. Current home has two story family with balcony and very open to upstairs. I want an upstairs that is easy to close off when the kids are gone. Some other goals.

1. First floor master.

2. Would like single entry from front and garage.

3. Family, dining, kitchen one big room.

I am including my first draft of the first floor. I like many aspects of it, but really not sure how well the roof would work with the middle entry. I would have am 8' covered porch in front and possibly back, but worried about the roof line. I love separating the private area from the public. I like not wasting space on two separate entries.

Anyway looking to get some thoughts I am kinda stuck on this design. I would not mind an extra room (media) but not really required.

Comments (21)