SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
japint

Need help with my GCV160e Honda engine

Jpp Interiors
9 years ago

I put new oil and cleaned spark plug and checked the filter and blade were working prior to a new season of cutting. It started to my relief and then after about twenty minutes I noticed it had used a lot of petrol when I stopped it. I then found out that fuel was coming through the filter and exhaust. I took the carb off and checked the float in the float bowl and put if back on. I depressed the stop break and tried to deploy the cord. It will not deploy. It worked prior to me having the fuel in the filter perfectly okay. The brake cable is deploying when I press the dead man's handle so I don't understand why it will not pull fully. Could it be that the pull is in need of being replaced or haven't I put the carb back on properly? I checked the blade and it went round after getting the grass out from around it but now I cannot move the blade. Any suggestions anyone. The engine was serviced fully last year and the carb was cleaned professionally. If the pull is in need of replacing would that prevent me from being able to move the blade? I did not hit anything prior to me dismantling the carb, so I don't understand why the pull is not deploying properly. Thanks

Comments (17)