SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
outsideplaying

Who won the HGTV Dream Home?

OutsidePlaying
9 years ago

From my hometown! Sounds like a nice lady. Unfortunately I don't know her, so I don't guess she'll be asking us to join her on a vacation trip! Here is the press release from our local news station today:

"A Huntsville woman got the surprise of a lifetime on Tuesday when she was selected from 94 million entries to win a home.

Kathy O'Dell is the winner of HGTV's Dream Home Giveaway 2015.

O'Dell won a Cape Cod-style house on Martha's Vineyard, a 2015 GMC Acadia Denali, and a $250,000 cash prize. The total of the prize package is valued at over $2 million.

HGTV said she was "so amazed" when John Gidding and the HGTV production crew ambushed her Friday at a Huntsville restaurant.

O'Dell is a retired computer programmer, mother of five, and grandmother of six. She and her husband Steve entered the contest twice daily almost every day.

She thought she was helping to plan the winner ambush for her friend, but she was actually the one being ambushed.

"When Mandy told me I won at the reveal it took me a moment to process it, because we had been under the assumption for a week that Mandy won," O'Dell told HGTV.

The HGTV Dream Home 2015 winner weekend is scheduled a week before Kathy and Steve's anniversary, so they are dubbing it their anniversary trip."

Comments (7)