SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
texaskittysa

Plant thieves

texaskittysa
9 years ago

Have any of you encountered plants being stolen right out of your yard? Over the past week, I've had a Bougainville stripped right out of its pot and freesias (of all things!) dug up out of the flower bed. Then to top it off, a young lady knocked on the door and wanted to know the name of a particular plant. When I asked which one, she showed me the lone freesia that remained. I told her what they were and she asked if she could have a flower. I told her sure, so she asked me for a shovel so she could dig up the entire plant. I told her no, I couldn't let her have the plant and she asked me why not! I went and got her a package of freesia bulbs that I hadn't gotten around to planting, and she tells me I could keep those, she just wants the one that was blooming. I finally persuaded her to take the package of bulbs, though I doubt that she will plant them and my one lone freesia remains untouched, but I just find this all very strange. I've caught people taking cuttings before without asking, but stealing plants right out of the yard is a new low. Has anyone else had this problem?

Comments (27)

Sponsored
Custom Home Works
Average rating: 4.6 out of 5 stars10 Reviews
Franklin County's Award-Winning Design, Build and Remodeling Expert