SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gwarring

Hall bathroom with claw foot tub, garden view but no shower.

gwarring
9 years ago

We have a 4 bd, 3 bath house that I am getting ready to sell later this year. The master bath has a tub and separate shower. The hall bath (closest to the other bedrooms) has only the claw foot tub and the 3rd bath is connected to the laundry/mud room area and has a shower only. I had planned on getting rid of the claw foot and putting in a shower but have been advised to leave the tub, and not go through the expense of putting in the shower and changing out the window.

That certainly appeals to my wallet, but does not seem very practical. We had always planned on putting a shower in the hall bath but just never got around to it. Either way I will need to do something with that bath - its pretty dated looking. Our market is very hot right now with very low inventory (SF bay area) and this house should sell for a bit over 1M.

There are very few children in our immediate neighborhood, so I don't see the house appealing to a family with lots of kids, but as it is now house guests have to head for the laundry if they want a shower.

What do you think?

Comments (16)