SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_3304505

Rove concepts

User
9 years ago

Hi: I was wondering if anyone has heard about Rove concepts (an online reproducer of midcentury furniture) and any opinion on quality/longevity of their work? Google reviews seem pretty good, but I'd rather hear if garden web readers have any views! Thx Chitra

Comments (19)

• Toronado3800 Zone 6 St Louis
    9 years ago

No I have not. Take online reviews with a grain of salt. Some sites are more secure than others. I know some techniques to post dozens of reviews from "unique" users or get 1000's of Facebook friends of Youtube views.

• jn3344
    9 years ago

Hey, I just stumbled upon this. We've had a very long thread going over at Houzz for some time on the various retailers of mid century replicas. Rove seems to have a pretty good rep if you pick through the comments.

Here is one of the threads. I will see if I can find the other.

I am going to head to their Vancouver BC store on my next trip to see for myself.

[https://www.houzz.com/discussions/best-eames-reproduction-dsvw-vd~600714[(https://www.houzz.com/discussions/best-eames-reproduction-dsvw-vd~600714)

• Related Discussions

What couch is this?

Q

Comments (1)
    What couch is this Whose make is best On which the cat is sleeping?
    ...See More

rove concepts vs Baxton studio

Q

Comments (1)
    do not buy from this company. They have no concern for the buyer.
    ...See More

Experience with Saarinen Tulip Replicas

Q

Comments (2)
    Likewise, I'm looking for a 67"x42" (or thereabouts) oval replica. Now that the pandemic seems to be on the way out, I hope to travel down to Los Angeles to look firsthand at Rove's offerings. LA is full of mid century replica outlets, but most of the offerings are actually pretty bad when viewed up close. I have seen the Lippa Modway with the quartz top and it actually looks very good. A friend of my sister's in New York bought one. My sister is a design snob (she trained as an interior designer and once worked for Knoll) and even she admits she loves Lisa's Modway copy. Unfortunately for me, the oval table is only 60"x36". I hope this helps.
    ...See More

Sourcing chair replicas

Q

Comments (3)
    Thank you. Sorry if my question was a little ambiguous. I have indeed checked out Amazon, overstock, wayfair, walmart etc.. They tend to sell the 2XHome version which is made in China. Rove concept looks to be a good middle ground between the chinese rubberwood version and a Carl Hansen official replica. There also seems to be a version available from Laura Davidson Direct (never heard of them) which is made out of ash wood with a walnut stain. Does anybody have any experience with any of these? I just thought I would post here and see if anybody had personal experience buying any of these chairs and were satisfied with them. I'm looking for nice durable chairs but can't quite afford the high-end Carl Hansen replicas as these cost thousands of dollars per chair.
    ...See More
  • User
    Original Author
    9 years ago

oh that's great to hear. Thanks all. I will check out the threads. I did keep searching for a thread on them but was getting odd stuff. So i will go straight to the one you link above. Best Chitra

• Kimmy Dreams
    7 years ago

This is absolutely the worst company, not just for midcentury furniture replicas, but in general. they charge upwards of $1,700 for their eames lounge replica. When I asked them why, instead of giving me any facts about their materials, they gave me the same subjective answer; that their chinese factory sources only to them (yeah right!) and because this product is their "flagship item."

But take this chair apart- and consider, what parts of it make up the $1,700 markup? They charge about $300 for STANDARD shipping which is outrageous. Also, even their so called flagship items take at least 10 days in lead time. The eames replicas that come in different colors are considered 'special orders" and take up to 2.5 months to arrive.

I talked to a rep--Elly on the chat and she kept hanging up on me for every question I have. But most importantly is this company is a HUGE fraud. they pretend to be high end and charge ridiculously high amounts on everything but their products are cheap chinese crap.

• Sandra Sharp
    7 years ago

imgur.com/a/u9LAd

I bought a Saarinen womb chair replica, from Rove Concepts online, which was beautiful until it began to fade about nine months later. When I corresponded with the claims department, I was told that fabric issues were not covered under Warranty. I was asked whether the chair was sitting in a sunny spot. I told him that I live in Washington State, which is not particularly known for its abundance of sunny days. He said that my husband and I caused the problem through "general use" or sitting on it.

We picked up the chair in Ferndale, WA, to avoid the $500 delivery fee from their warehouse to our home (87 miles).

I could include a frustrating exchange between myself and the customer service representative, and will be happy to do so for anyone who is interested in seeing it.The bottom line is that I do not know when I have felt so frustrated with a business. RC simply does not care about my problem and will make no attempt to do anything to alleviate what is obviously a serious problem with the fabric which was "imported from Denmark," simply because it is "not covered by Warranty."

My concerns were totally dismissed.

Please note the images at the beginning of this review.

• lula2401
    6 years ago

Hello--I purchased a large marble tulip table from Rove Concepts and it was delivered broken. They shipped out a second one and, it too was delivered broken. The crating is a joke--with no attempt to keep a 300 lb. piece of marble from moving. The shipping company is terrible and careless. They come without proper equipment to move large objects. The crate was held together with fine inch-long nails rather than screws and, rather than steel stripping around crate, they used plastic which tears easily. They have zero customer service-----not interested in resolution. The claims guy, James sent an email that he doesn't talk on the phone but includes his number and extension. Bottom line, when I cancelled further shipments, they tried to hit me with the shipping charges and I filed a dispute. This is a terrible company to do business with. Lovely on the selling end----terrible if you have a damage or a problem. Look elsewhere. Amazon has a stellar attitude.

• Samantha G.
    5 years ago
    last modified: 5 years ago

Rove Concepts is terrible if you have any issues with the product more than 3 days after delivery. The items are extremely heavy, but their packaging is insufficient. Every corner of all the items were crushed. Very large pieces were split and broken. I am not sure if the shipment people are extremely careless, or if they are shipped out like this. I don't think they work with quality professional shippers due to their affordable pricing. We purchased from several other companies including DWR, Kardiel, and Hive and received everything without damages. Rove Concepts' selling tactic online is to tell you their are limited amounts in stock. So we purchased everything we needed well before our renovations were complete and stored them in our garage. We didn't look at anything until yesterday when we began unpacking furniture, and now it's too late for them to resolve any damage claims. As I can understand the length of time between delivery and unpacking a reasonable argument on their part, I asked if they would help with getting them repaired, but they just kept repeating themselves regarding the "3 days within delivery" line. No effort to help us will be provided. This is unfortunate because there are other items we wanted to purchase from them. We're handling this through our credit card company as they may have a better resolution with Rove Concepts on our behalf. Until that is resolved, we will not purchase anything further from Rove Concepts.

• danarogersylw
    4 years ago

Buyer beware! Disposable furniture. My womb chair fabric started to fade after one year. The fabric is also a magnet for lint.
    We have a NE view so no direct sunlight. The feet on the chair and matching ottoman do not sit flat on the floor therefore has goudged our wood floor.
    I also purchased an Eames chair and it started to creak when sitting in it after a few months. Leather quality is very cheap.
    Our marble tulip table arrived with a large chip out of it. Rove were very difficult to deal with when I requested replacement. They were not returning my calls so I drove to Vancouver to talk to them face to face.
    I would not recommend this company.

• Stephanie
    4 years ago

I'm considering buying a media console but concerned about their service given these and other reviews I've seen online. We love the piece and it seems to be a fair price....hoping that their service has improved since some of these were written. Does anyone have any positive experiences to share from the past 12 months? Thanks in advance!

• rttnorton
    3 years ago
    last modified: 3 years ago

Going to just chime in here--I ordered from Rove concepts--an entire bedroom furniture set (bed, mirror, dresser and 2x nightstands). My order is being shipped in two separate orders. One thing to keep in mind is that you have to split the reviews into two: delivery and actual product. They use third party delivery which is an entirely different company altogether with their own processes and policies. That's a separate subject--most people I have seen that have had issue with Rove is because of this. I was lucky, I live in Los Angeles where we have competent and plentiful delivery options and I live in a single story home so access is easy and there's no stairs to be dealt with.

Today, my first order arrived which was my two nightstands and mirror. Both packaged very well and this was just standard delivery. Had them drop it off at my entrance foyer and it was easy and painless. Unpacking was challenging as it was actually quite heavy but I'm very happy with what I got and actually think the quality is really good. However, this is only 1 of 2 shipments so we'll see--the big guns are coming which is the dresser and calking bed... I'm keeping my fingers crossed on that one and for that, I selected White Glove delivery. I didn't at first but I reached out to customer service and had them charge me the difference for upgrading to White Glove which they were able to do with no issues aside from a little slowness in response but I anticipate that all businesses are experiencing that with COVID and reduced staffing.

When customers are unhappy, they're very quick to complain and rightfully so--a lot of people paid good money to be dissatisfied but I also wanted to balance it out and chime in for having a--so-far--good experience.

• HU-132358319
    3 years ago

DO NOT BUY FROM ROVE CONCEPTS.

DO NOT BUY FROM ROVE CONCEPTS.

DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH. This company has ZERO accountability for customer service, quality control or even best practices for retail sales.

Rove even lies about its own reviews–when you visit an item from their website ALL THE REVIEWS are cherry picked. It looks good, until you get to the REAL REVIEWS where most people are unhappy and dissatisfied. Understand people never get merchandise, or refunds, or even no one answers their calls.

ROVE CONCEPTS and it's owners are pieces of rubbish!!!

• rttnorton
    3 years ago

I understand that you're angry with a company but you shouldn't insult people who buy from them, too. You should take a moment and breathe and if you're upset, contest the charge with your credit card company. I am not a fake reviewer and I give credit where it's due--most people are far more vocal when they're unhappy than when they're happy.

• HU-132358319
    3 years ago

I never said anything about the people who do buy from them. I am actually trying to WARN people NOT to buy from Rove Concepts without actually doing a deep dive into the REAL reviews that ACTUAL people HAVE posted.

• Chris Touma
    2 years ago

stay away!!!! the worst company. Garbage quality furnitire and they rip you off on shipping fees. Bought 6 angleo dining chairs. Chairs came with bent legs, missing bottom casters causing my entire hardwood floor to stratch!!

• jatinahuja
    2 years ago

chris, any chance you can post some some pictures? I was about to pull the trigger on the angelo chair. Thanks!

• richardparker
    2 years ago

I am thankful to Houzz for seeing these reviews. I have wanted a Rove marble coffee table for a few years and decided I would wait until I move. With all the purported shipping/delivery challenges cited, I know I would never be happy with this company. Thanks, guys!

• Karen C
    2 years ago

Buyers Beware: they sent me a defective sofa that cost $4,000 (MILO); I sent photos of the dents and puckers in the cushions, and they simply ignored me. I even wrote to the 2 co-founders, Art Lee and Brendan Buscough. Not a peep from them; zero integrity. Do not waste your money.