SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
fcarp63

tow-behind spreaders

fcarp63
9 years ago

Hi Everyone,

I am looking to start using a tow-behind spreader this season. I'm done with pushing a heavy spreader across my large lot with rolling terrain - even after upgrading last season to a commercial quality Earthway spreader last year.

Other than access into tight areas, the only other potential issue that I can think of is that whatever material that I would be spreading would be thrown onto the rear of the tractor, and in particular the transaxle, transmission, wheels. frame, etc. Given the corrosive nature of fertilizers, this is somewhat concerning.

I'm careful with maintenance, so my first thought would be to just blow everything off immediately with a leaf blower, but I'm guessing that granules could still get lodged in hidden areas. I'm looking for feedback from others that used these types of spreaders and how they have handled this issue.

I'm also open to any other feedback or advice as well. I do not plan on buying an inexpensive unit. I will buy something with metal gears, solid axle, large pneumatic tires,etc.

As always, thanks in advance.

Fcarp

Comments (4)

Sponsored
More Discussions