SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
schoolhouse_gw

Spray to deter cat scratching woodwork

schoolhouse_gw
9 years ago

Does the spray work? I almost bought a bottle at PetCo for $10 but a fellow customer and I were chatting about cats destroying things by scratching and she agreed the spray probably doesn't work. So I put it back. We talked about the "soft paws" too, and she told me they really worked with one cat she had until one of the fake nails didn't shed as it should have. The cat's nail grew so long under the fake nail that it imbedded itself into the foot pad and the cat needed surgery. After that, she refused to use the product again.

My cat has only started this behavior since a stray became an inside/outside member of the family. She started to claw the woodwork, mainly the door jambs of two doors in the hallway. I use scratch remover to cover the marks up but it really is a problem. And there are two scratching posts in the house that she will occasionally use, the stray enjoys them so much he practically tears them up. Oh, and I've tried the old spray bottle with water too. If I catch her in time she runs off quick when she sees the bottle, but when I'm not here, well...

Comments (6)