SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cdrigans

Marvin Ultimate Clad Double Hung SDL - With or Without Spacer Bar

cdrigans
9 years ago

I am looking to buy the Double Hung, Marvin Ultimate Clad Windows with 7/8" SDL Grills window for the front of my home and then the Integrity Wood Ultrex Windows (no grills) for the sides / back of my home. We live in the North Central region.

After doing a lot of research, I have a question regarding the spacer bar. I have the option to order the Marvin Ultimate Clad Window without the spacer bar to add efficiency. I do read a lot about how the stainless steel spacer bar is not recommended because of condensation and the Marvin / Andersen windows don't have the option of a foam or warm edge spacer bar, however, I cannot seem to find anything about removing it completely and if there was an issue with that (either the look or the performance).

My options to get the energy star ratings would be: 1) Low E2 with Argon without the Spacer Bar - OR - 2) Low E3 with Argon with the spacer bar.

I definitely want my windows to be Energy Star Rated (U-Factor below 30 for this region), however, I am torn on the spacer bar choice as I can't tell if it would bother me aesthetically or if its a no brainer since you get better efficiency.

Any opinions?

Comments (12)