SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
burnttree

Tiny black bugs on baby succulent

burnttree
9 years ago
last modified: 9 years ago

Hello!

Here's the problem, I repotted my baby succulents yesterday, and today, I noticed very small black bugs on one of them, i thought it was dirt at the beginning, but i took one out of the plant and it moved, it's very small, black round body with white/yellow-y legs (and it looked like a greenish-blue when I killed it, dont know if it's going to help).

Anyway, I kind of panicked when I found out, so i added hand sanitizer (just 5 drops) in a little bit of water and sprayed it on my plants, I really hope it will not damage them..

Now I want to know if the thing I sprayed is going to kill the plants, and who are those invaders, how so I make them go away ? I read some things about soap and water.

And I really don't know where they came from because I can't put them outside they're always inside, and here is the kind of soil that I used:

I'm pretty sure it's not the right thing to use, but I couldn't find succulent/cacti soil in the store :/

Here are some photos.

I don't know if you'll be able to see, but please tell me if you can't i'll try to post better pictures

Thank you :)

Comments (10)

Sponsored
Miller Woodworks
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars21 Reviews
Franklin County's Trusted Custom Cabinetry Solutions