SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mrblubs22

Yellow fronds on my Majesty Palm

MrBlubs
9 years ago

Uh oh,

I've had this plant for 3 years now and bought it as some scraggly homedepot toss out for 10 bucks. Was my 5th Houseplant ever and didn't know much back then. After a while I figured out how Majesty Palms are some of the worst this and terrible that so I waited for it to die. I was so sure in its death I almost threw it out. However it never died or declined. It thrived really. It went from 3 fronds on three trunks to 13 and counting in three years. And it's my favourite houseplant that I own. I'm actually very proud of it for some reason...... Anyway after I thought I escaped the Palm reaper I've noticed some of its fronds begin to take on a yellow tinge.... More noticible on the old old fronds but also in some of the new fronds. I've repotted it once but I think I might repot this year into a better soil.

I've googled around and came to over watering, spider mites, low ffertilizing and low humidity...

I dont think it's over watering as I actually thought I was under watering it..... Doubt spider mites, no webs or mites. Even scanned leaves with a micro scope. I totally forgot to fertilize for most of its life but have begun now every month with a liquid fert by Schultz. Also might be low humidity as the Rh is around 37 this time of year. I try to get into a routine of spraying but I can't seem to keep it up....

Here's some pics.....Any Ideas? Mind the dust. Giving it a shower tomorrow. The first pic is on one of the newish leaves about 3 months old and the other is of one that is around a year or so

Comments (16)