SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lgafricanearth

Advice needed-transplanting proteas

L G
9 years ago

Hi all. I would really like your opinion on when the best time would be for transplanting proteas and what the possibilities are of my proteas for surviving as I know that they dislike any disturbance close to the roots. I planted my proteas and leucospermums in Des 2014 after we moved into our newly built home. They were all newly purchased at the time except for a protea that I kept in a 50l planting bag before then. My problem is as follows: The area in my garden allocated to indigenous plants is quite a prime spot with our lounge directly facing it. Unfortunately, the neighbours behind us (and directly behind the indigenous area) have since decided to convert their single story into a double story with significant implications regarding privacy. I am now thinking of attempting to relocate the indigenous plants to another area in the garden and to plant some trees in that spot. Is it worthwhile to attempt transplanting them, seeing that they ate still relatively young? When will be the best season to do so in our summer rainfall area? Thanks in advance for any advice!

Comment

Sponsored