SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
brad_troedel

Need Help Identifying Grass in My Front Yard. Pic Included.

Brad Troedel
9 years ago

Hello Everyone,

I have been in the Plano, TX (Dallas Area) for about 2 years now and I need help identifying the grass I have in my front yard. This grass stays green all year round and it a very pretty grass. It does not grow very fast and it honestly seems to spread pretty slowly as well. I really like this grass and I am looking to use the same grass for my back yard as it has Bermuda currently and it is not doing well. Take a look at the picture below and see if you can identify it. I would greatly appreciate it. I am either thinking this is some type of Zoysia Grass or perhaps a Hybrid Bluegrass. I am not sure.

On a side note, I am looking to plant some grass in my backyard. There is some trees back there so I need something that is the most shade tolerant that can also handle some traffic. I do not want St Augustine as I don't think it would be tolerant enough to traffic. Can you give me some suggestions. I have been looking at Zoysia grass, but I am not sure which type of Zoysia would be best for shade and wear.

I appreciate the help!

Brad

Comments (5)