SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ranger12

Two single ovens versus one double oven

I have my kitchen planned for 2 single wall ovens. I am finalizing my cabinet order and am hoping I am not making a mistake. I am planning on mounting them at counter level on the same wall. I really don't use 2 ovens that often, but have always wanted them and reconfigured my space to accommodate them. Am I making a mistake? I would just replace them with a range and use the cabinet space I was planning for the ovens for more storage. I will have enough storage either way. The cost of the oven cabinets vs pantry cabinets isn't really a factor as they are about the same. The cost of a range vs the ovens really is a wash. I bought Electrolux single ovens for 575.00 each and purchased a Bosch induction cook top for 1400.00. I would change and purchase a slide in induction range, probable the GE and it is priced at 2500.00

Appliances are stressing me out. I don't want to over do it and I really don't want to over improve for the neighborhood. I know that in my little development of 40 homes, built from the 80's til now, there are no homes with 2 ovens.

We are a small custom home neighborhood. People are just now starting to remodel. Most are not doing much to floor plans, but I am completely changing mine. I already fear that I am going to be the nicest in the area. Probably the largest too.

What would you do?

Comments (7)