SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lavendar

Okay, how about tea on Monday this week? :)

Lavender Lass
9 years ago

How is everyone? How was your weekend? I don't know about you, but I could REALLY use tea today, rather than waiting until Thursday.

I've decided to start packing small things, like dishes and books, so I'll be ready for whatever happens. We are out in four weeks, unless we can make an agreement with the mortgage company. We should know in a few days (don't I always say that?) but we really should. So, either way, it's time to pack up to move or remodel this space for my mom to move down.

How about all of you? Are you doing well? I know so many of us are under stress and worry about loved ones, moving, projects, etc. I just wanted to check in and make sure everyone was okay and hopefully, having a nice week.

Please stop by and share a cup of tea. Let us know how you are and what you're doing over the next few days. Hope the weather is lovely and spring is in the air! At least the days are longer and that's just wonderful :)

Comments (34)

• Shades_of_idaho
    9 years ago

So sorry they keep you hanging LL.

I bought potting soil for planters today. It is time to start transplanting things before they get too large. Well it will be easier now. Maybe not the correct time. I am tuning the big perennial planting tank into my veggie tank and moving some of the plants in it now to planters and also plant the side of the bank where I enlarged the court yard with the rest. I need about four more loads of the planting mix or go down with the truck to get some. It was on sale today.

I went for a bone density test today and passed great on my hips but my spine is almost to osteoporosis. Not sure how this can be. It is what shows on the report they gave me. I have not spoken to the doctor. OH well. It will probably not change my lifestyle much.

Plans are forming in my brain for the yard already. Been cleaning up winter kill stuff in the court yard and ready to move into the potager.

We scrounged a baby crib at the dump and are going to make a porch gate with the ends. The neighbors dog races over here and harasses our kitties and I worry for them. We have been moving a piece of cattle panel over the opening but that is a pain to do. Gates will be wonderful and this way cheep.

That is about all from here. I do hope you get good news on your place very soon.

chris

• schoolhouse_gw
    9 years ago

Event tho the temps have been going up, this morning there is damp chill in the air. Where the snow has melted around the house foundation in back, I see tulips are up. The ice must not have hurt them - hopefully.

But, now I have another reason to worry. The gas company was just here and because of a "fizzy leak" at my gas meter, I reported the smell of gas, the line from the meter out to the road probably will have to be dug up. The meter is right near my heirloom pink shrub rose, and the line goes right under it! The guy said they may be able to dig in such a way as to not remove the entire rose but digging is the only way to repair the valve on the meter. That rose has been there for over 30yrs. :( I had no idea the gas line was even there! That's a lesson to be learned whenever digging and planting - dangerous.

It's the pink rose on the left in the photo.

• Related Discussions

Should we try a Wednesday tea this week?

Q

Comments (29)
    I'm sure not ready for 13 degree weather - snow, yes, frigid temps,no. The bird on the little teapot is a peacock I think. Found the pot in an antique shop for $5, it isn't old because I saw one like it in a gift shop for $26. Gardenweed, were you able to watch the ShowTime series "The Tudors" that ended last year? The years that it was on, a forum began around it; and I joined. I learned so much about the Tudors and life in their times on that board, even tho alot of the discussion revolved around Jonathan Rhys Meyers. ha. How exciting for you to sit in Rycote Chapel! I say we should all make sure to take tea together on April 29th as we watch Prince William and his Kate wed.
    ...See More

Monday's starters for the week

Q

Comments (10)
    Julia, You have posted such a bevy of beautiful blooms! I don't have a clue how I will find a favorite, although the clump shot of Asheville will be hard to beat. Forever Red is such a gorgeous red. I've got to get that one! And the two clump shots featuring Forever Red are just eye candy! And I needed some eye candy since I'm down top about 30 varieties blooming, but most are just one or two blooms at the time. That is so pretty! Citron Enchanter is also beautiful. In fact, you don't have a wallflower in the bunch. thanks for the day-brightener. kay
    ...See More

plaster next week, okay to leave without water for 1 day?-cracks?

Q

Comments (8)
    Wow no offense, but that sounds like a bunch of cheese to me! Have you tested the tap water at a pool store to see how hard it really is? I would before I paid for a truck. Then if I did, I would require an analysis of the water being trucked in, that cannot be cheap to do. As for plaster being wetted down, that does not make sense. If it is ok to leave it unwatered over night before the fill why would it need to be kept wet? Maybe to prevent lines during the fill, dunno, seems unlogical. I filled my pool starting with one garden hose wrapped in a sock, then once it hit 3 feet deep, I added a second hose. I have altima mission bay finish with extra blue quartz, and did NOT wet the sides during fill, and it looks great. Your product may have different guidelines of course. If all else fails, call the manufacturer and ask them about fill guidlines and water guidelines. I wish you the best.
    ...See More

Monday....let's have tea early. And share some music :)

Q

Comments (11)
    I was thinking of this thread while I watched The Ghost and Mrs. Muir the other night. Lovely old movie. My Master's is in Biology. Looking at pond scum but technically a botany major. I still enjoy that, but spend more time teaching. Is this what morning feels like? It is still dark! (Taking dh for an early morning appointment, then home to can peaches.)
    ...See More
  • schoolhouse_gw
    9 years ago

Oops I meant "right" in the photo.

• Shades_of_idaho
    9 years ago

OH School that is a bummer. Roses are pretty hardy. Hopefully they can or you can hand dig it out for them tunneling under the roots but above the line.

• schoolhouse_gw
    9 years ago

Yes, I was thinking of that also. The gas co. rep did sound a little sympathetic when I told him it was an heirloom rose. He mentioned something like, "Well, maybe we can dig "over here and around", mumble, mumble, mumble...." Then afterwards I got to thinking maybe they can dig the pipe up at both ends, and then tunnel under the rose and push the new line through the tunnel to the meter. It's only like 4'. Wishful thinking. But then again if they want to do the job soon, how can I transplant/replant a rose when the ground is still frozen?

Also like you say it is a hardy shrub rose and sends out runners fairly easily if left to its own devices. But I kind of hate for it to get back to its former size. Besides, after this super cold and icy winter I'll be anxious to see if it survived at all. Thanks.

• Shades_of_idaho
    9 years ago

I was thinking more on the tunneling verses moving it. Forgot about your frozen ground. Not sure how deep your frost goes but if you are in the areas that got hammered this winter. OUCH.

Taking another angle. I am sure it would be easier for them to plow through it but it is also their responsibility to preserve your heirloom plants. Might just check into it to see where you stand on this. I would think they have to at least make an effort. I do know when the gas company installed our tank and line to the house I was able to move most of the plants then he did tunnel under one and it did fine. But they were not working with frozen ground.

• schoolhouse_gw
    9 years ago

Maybe, just maybe, they'll wait awhile longer to dig. They are suppose to do a meter upgrade while they are here too. But at the same time I would like to have everything in place before Spring storms begin i.e. possible power outages. This meter upgrade completes the process of an installation of a new Generac standby generator.

I asked him if someone threw a cigarette butt out the window and it hit the area near the meter would my house explode. He said, "NO". : )

• schoolhouse_gw
    9 years ago

Oh, and in reference to your mention of companies being considerate of landscaping I think Dom.East Ohio does have a policy but not certain.

• User
    9 years ago

The gas company can run a pipe with only a small amount of digging ditches in your yard, actually. They took out our old gas line, which must have run beneath our sun porch, to the old meter on the back wall of the porch. Took out that old meter too. They had to upgrade to high pressure natural gas. The part that required real deep digging was connecting my new gas line to the main line at the street. They dug a fairly deep hole through the street, and a short trench beside our driveway near the street. I had a big camellia bush next to the house and they located the new meter right behind the camellia next to that corner of the house. They did not disturb any shrubbery. While they do not read my gas meter electronically (or with a satellite), they are equipped to dig without destroying objects in their path.
    I hope they take the time, exert any effort, to accommodate your lovely heirloom rose.

• mushcreek
    9 years ago

Spring is trying to get a foot-hold here in SC. The daffodils have been blooming for about a week, and it hit 75 yesterday! I planted some peas Sunday, but since I'm almost a month late, I'm not optimistic. Still, we had a lot fo ice, snow, and single digit temps in February, so it really wasn't practical to get them in the ground.

This is our second tough winter in a row, but at least the house is insulated and heated this year. Last winter, we were huddled in the basement with a big space heater- about one step above camping.

• mama goose_gw zn6OH
    9 years ago

Last Wed-Thursday we had 14" of snow. Today I looked out the window and spied daffodil leaves poking out of the ground about 2". Almost all of the snow is melted, and the birds are twittering happily. Those are encouraging signs of spring, and not a moment too soon.

• oasisowner
    9 years ago

The snow is sloooowly melting - finally! Waiting for the crocus to begin poking through and I'll know spring is finally on the way.

We are tweaking the last details on the kitchen plan. Hooray! Thanks to a gw member, we found a local cabinet builder who actually listened! to what we wanted. Now to find an electrician and someone who can repair plaster walls.

• desertsteph
    9 years ago

the birds are really fluttering about and singing up a storm here in AZ. My dog either hates them or wants them to come play with her. She just goes bananas over the birds. One likes to sit on the peak of the house and tweet and dog literally goes in circles. I have to be close by to stop that immediately 'cause she will chase her tail and bite it again, opening it up to the point of bleeding again! She has worn her 'hat' for well over a month now (with short times w/o it while inside).

I've been sick, went to doc about a wk ago. Doc gave me 2 prescrips and W wanted 114.00 for one of them. I wouldn't pay that. I came home and called Costco and it was almost 15.00 there... So, I had to make a trip there - to where I had never been and really didn't want to go - and on a Saturday. What a mess. I did save 100.00 tho. It took about 1.5 hrs and by the time I got home my back was hurting and my arms seemed weak (from driving). I was down for the rest of the day. Next time I go there it'll be on a weekday!

This Is my 5th day on the meds and I think I am feeling better. Mornings and late nights are bad tho. That might just be my fibro stuff - it's hard to tell right now. I go back to the doc in about 3 wks for retesting. He also gave me a prescript for back therapy but I haven't gone there yet. Plan to check it out on Fri. I try to space out my time driving. 2 days in a row are just too much for me. Even when I do go out I try to limit what I do. 3 places is about all I can do.

I haven't gotten much done. I've managed to pull some weeds while dog is out on potty bz. Earlier I raked up what I'd pulled this past wk (most of it). and I'm not talking major weeds piled up. Little bits here and there around her area. She has taken to eating weeds and I have to follow her around and pull her from/block access to weeds close to her. I gave 2 plants a deep watering and will do another today. In about 3 days I'll 'feed' them and rewater them. hopefully we won't have anymore near freezing temps here.

The church people haven't called back - or if did, they came across as 'new' (no name or ph #). I've answered a number of them to have it be solicitor's*, surveys etc. I have a # to call (today) and will check on it. I really hadn't felt up to doing anything myself these past 2 wks.

* since I'm approaching retirement / SS age it seems everyone has something to sell me (ins/ better access to benefits) and my ph#! They get a list from somewhere... SSA? Ugh!

• schoolhouse_gw
    9 years ago

Thanks for the encouragement in regards to the digging. I guess I'll just have to wait and see.

Seeing daffs blooming already? wow, not sure when that will happen at my place. Like someone else said, the snow is melting but slowly. However, after the drifts in the courtyard garden melted there appeared blooming Snow Drops! Just noticed them this morning. All the snow is melted down through the privet arch so I'm curious to see if the 200+ Chiondoxia bulbs I planted there made it through the winter (and hungry critters). They are one of the early bloomers.

Sorry you're not feeling well Steph. I came home from errands this morning and all I could think of was sitting down and taking a snooze. I was so tired and then started to chill, changed to a heavier shirt and turned the thermostat up, crawled under my throw and shut my eyes for a good 30 min. or so and then made tea. Afterwards I felt better. Hope I'm not catching something.

One thing for certain the ground sure got alot of good moisture with all this snow. At least no flooding in these parts tho like some others.

• desertsteph
    9 years ago

I hope you aren't getting something schoolhouse. It happens with the changes in weather tho. I went thru 3 wks of respiratory something at Thanksgiving. Had to pay close attention 'cause I've had pneumonia 3 x in the past and didn't want it to go into that!

Also, glad you're not having flooding. That so often comes after the snows! It happens often back in my hometown.

• Shades_of_idaho
    9 years ago

Well yesterday really was Fri the 13th for me. Not all bad. Maybe lucky. Had eye doctor appointment. I have had so much trouble seeing. Asked my PCP about it in August when I finally got medical insurance. He said my cataracts were not bad. Asked him two more times and finally insisted I get them checked by an ophthalmologist and asked for a referral. Referral came right away from my PCP and insurance co. I am scheduled for surgery in April. Cataracts are ripe for the plucking. Doc told me 4 years ago he could not make my glasses any better.

I am excited to have this over and to not have to wear coke bottle lenses any more. Not sure if I will have to wear glasses all the time or just for reading. He said I will be able to get around with out my glasses. I was a bit in shock and did not ask more. Right now I can hardly get around WITH my glasses with vision of 20/50. Thinking of how nice it will be to not have the weight of the lenses,even in plastic, on my nose all the time always dragging themselves down.

I also spent more time in the yard this week. Made some nice progress. Anxious to be able to paint. Not sure if the not painted pictures of my progress will look just tacky or not. I have been having fun making big changes in the potager yard between the house and shop.

I am also considering changing the house color to my always favorite white with a crisp jade green trim. Then paint all the yard stuff in the Jade green or white. But I love my petunia purple so much I might leave what is done in that as an accent. It is all in the patio area already so would be fine left as is.

• User
    9 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Shades, nice to hear you'll be free of the heavy glasses. I had my cataracts removed so many years ago I cannot remember when....but I worked on the water which compounds the problem, and had the left eye done first, then the right a year or so later. I wear reading glasses now, and I am in my late 70s. DH had his done within the last two years. He had a difficult operation on one because of the astigmatism issue. He reads mostly without even readers now.

The paint sounds great. I think purple or lavender like I saw in the pictures on Flickr would go very well with the Jade green. Somewhere I have a picture of my banana tree in bloom, and the colors are so dramatic. I imagine a formal long gown in the green of the banana leaves, and a sash or bow like a cumberbund around the waist would be perfect. It is high fashion!

This morning I took the unframed paintings to the frame shop. Haven't been to that store in a while. A man my age came in with this huge detailed painting he did in a realistic style with small brushstrokes, of a Florida panther, quite similar to a mountain lion, lounging on a cypress log with gray spanish moss draped everywhere. It measured about 5 feet by 3.5 feet at LEAST. My word, that took a long time to complete! If it were me, I'd have grown tired of painting the same thing long before I finished it. Getting myself in tune with events around our house now so I can set up to paint in the Teahouse. I'm moseying through the boxes that are damaged, or that slid sideways, to make sure nothing is broken, and in the process I've pulled out things I've saved for years until just this particular moment. I realize that I am consistent in the things I like. Very few things that I've kept, or salvaged from Hurricane Katrina, will return to a box. Placing the Liz Claiborne pillow shams in the living room revealed that yellow always SPEAKS to me. How did I not know this about myself? Oh, I know shutters are a lifelong passion. I know I liked the yellow painted walls in a couple of rooms in my last several houses. But WOW! When I brought the pillow shams inside and laid them over the chairs in the white living room, the room LIT UP. I liked them when I found them up in Massachusetts about 6 years ago, and used the yellow painted walls, plus green comforter and these yellow/green fabric items with that combination, and I loved it then. But they did not POP in the north facing room. Now they are softer, worn, broken in, and they bring a homier touch to the room. When I'm done, it will be the most cheerful house I've ever lived in.

The effect I'm going for is, if DH and I had married 50 years ago as planned, we'd have enjoyed a life as nurturing as a house like this could provide. Who knows how much more time we have to share? Life is fragile. Life is precious. Waking to a new day is a gift. There is every reason in the world to bring happiness into our daily lives through this charming old house while we still can, and while I can remember what I'm doing! :)

• Shades_of_idaho
    9 years ago

Oh that is so pretty ML. I could not find the photo I was looking for with the right color. I hate that. It will be awhile before we can paint the house but I can get a head start with the green yard items in the potager. Some are already a light green but are needing re-painted. Then I could maybe start the front of the house in white with the green and work my way around as I get time energy and money. I do not really care if it takes me a few years. Some I will have to hire out as I can not get that high up on a ladder. The gable ends. Unless I get real good with painting with a paint brush on a long pole. I need a pressure washer too.

It is raining today so I decided to work on sewing. I have some fabric soaking now to see if I can whiten it to make new curtains in our bedroom from old curtains I used to have at the last house. They have yellowed a bit during storage.

• schoolhouse_gw
    9 years ago

There was lots of sunshine here today so I took a break and went out to the back porch with my cup of tea. I sat there a good 30min or so until the sun went around to the West side of the house. Then I got chilly! came in and soon had to turn up the thermostat. Brrr. Was I thinking it was May? lol

Snowdrops are up and scattered about, they seem to be spreading more. I picked a handful and used an old glass salt shaker as a vase. More daffs are coming up, don't see the Chiondoxia yet tho. I was going to get the cart and pick up branches and sticks but it is still quite damp and muddy in areas so I'll put that off awhile longer.

The boxwood borders and hedge look ok as of now. I was worried all the tops and sides would be brown again. The teapot topiary that I hid under the special dome cover I bought last Fall looks great except for areas on the spout where the cover fit tightly. Thus the foliage laid up against it. So that is something to know when buying these covers, buy larger than you think you'll need.

• User
    9 years ago

A soothing cup of tea after what I've just gone through would be nice. The washing machine started gurgling in the toilets as it drained. Then the shower started backing up. The plumber was supposed to come see about replacing the clay pipes of our old sewer lines but did not show up. So I am now waiting for Rotorooter. No cleanout, so up on the roof he must go. Not sure how this will end, but I am frustrated that I cannot wash all the fabric items I UNstored today from my Teahouse. Guess they remain in bags for a while longer. I was putting a new bed together but being so distracted might not be good to continue.

I sure could use some tea right now, but the water is turned off. What a way to start the week!

• schoolhouse_gw
    9 years ago

Oh I hate when that happens! Did Roto Rooter show up yet? I was going to say ask them if they can start the snake at the access in your basement (where pipe comes off toilet line) instead of outside but sounds like you don't have an access any other place than the roof?? Wish I could send you a cup of tea.

• User
    9 years ago

Schoolhouse, no basement. Not many folks in Mobile have a basement. The sewer line is clay pipe, and susceptible to tree roots. The Rotorooter dispatcher said this is likely the cause, and their business is booming. I guess everything is growing. Of course, my washing machine is back online and I've been doing 2-3 loads easy for last 2 or 3 days. The pipe is due to be replaced, but the contractor's plumber who will do the work hasn't been here to replace the old drains. This situation is an emergency that won't wait. So I'll be up however late until the man gets here. It is 10:15 and I called a little before 6pm. We will have a clean out added to the new line. I don't like people "fiddling" around on my roof.

Sigh....well, for sure all the utilities at this house are getting renewed. I'll qualify for cheaper home owner's insurance when this is over. I don't regret getting it NEW, I just hate that it took such a fiasco to convince DH to replace it NOW.

• schoolhouse_gw
    9 years ago

Oh I see. Yeah, an access to the future line will help alot. I also still have a stretch of clay pipe to my septic tank, replaced some of it with plastic a few years ago. Doesn't help there are ancient lilac shrubs growing quite close.

Well good luck. Hopefully you are seeing some progress by now.

• Lavender Lass
    Original Author
    9 years ago

ML- We went through something similar a few weeks ago. Nothing like spending hundreds of dollars on a house you don't know that you can keep! But it is nice to take a shower and do laundry again :)

• Lavender Lass
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Schoolhouse- Your rose is so lovely! I hope they can dig around it. Maybe you can trim it back and move it, if necessary?

• schoolhouse_gw
    9 years ago

• schoolhouse_gw
    9 years ago

Oh and he said they will come back and plant grass seed over the area where they dug the trench.

• User
    9 years ago

The way they dug new line for my meter did not disturb the paved driveway (under which they ran) or the two camellia bushes (huge ones, they went under them I assume) and they came up right between the camellias and I cannot see the meter. The tankless waterheater mounted on the side of the house inside the privacy fence is not an eyesore, since it is in an area with very little traffic.

However, at the street and in the street, they had to go deep, and they dug up some of the subsurface clay (that's why we are at the high altitude of 22 feet above sea level here, unlike some of my neighbors at the end of the street, who are 3-5 feet above sea level. They did not resod. I was just glad they did not charge me for moving the meter to the front side of the house, from its location inside our privacy fence behind the sun porch. Much better not to read my own meter on time every month!

Of course, the power company installed a "smart meter" some time before we began our remodel. We then upgraded our electrical system inside and out. Alabama Power now reads meters via satellite, I think that is what DH told me. Interesting how they can do that. I wonder what jobs they gave the former meter readers. They sure did not pass any savings along to the customers, if they RIFFED them.

• User
    9 years ago

Forgot all about the sewer fiasco.
    Well, the guy arrived at 11 pm and finished at 1 am this last morning. I was exhausted and traumatized. I've gone nuts because my new floors had sewer water all around the bathroom area. Freaking me out! So today I read the comments by the plumber who cleaned the lines. Roots, PAPER TOWELS, (what????) towelettes (???), kinds of paper not dissolve in water. Plus, lots of tree roots, catching them. Maybe a video through the pipe? No, I think we go straight to replacement. Rotorooter is coming tomorrow around noon to estimate their charge for doing the work. My contractor said they would be high, and when I got the estimate from the plumber doing our remodel work, I'd know if he would be the right choice. The problem around town now is a HUGE new mall is under construction (in a wetlands area....grrrrr), and Airbus is in high gear building their facilities and good workers (and plumbers) are busy busy busy. All of which accounts for why it is taking so long to finish our job.

• schoolhouse_gw
    9 years ago

Did your plumbing problems get solved moccasin?

Harneys Tea had a no shipping offer last weekend so I bought another pound of Paris tea. I still have much of the first bag left so hopefully the second will stay fresh awhile longer. The last bottle of honey I bought at the store doesn't taste very good to me. I didn't buy my usual brand as the store was out and I needed some. Sure makes a difference in the taste of the tea.

Really chilly here today. I had to get up early this morning to take Mom to a 9am. doc. appt., meaning I got up at 6:30am - I'm spoiled and normally sleep in until 8-8:30a. Funny how that makes me so sleepy in the afternoon.

• User
    9 years ago

Schoolhouse, put the new bag unopened in the freezer and it will remain fresher.
    Our sewer line was rooted out between 11pm-1am and we have a 30 day guarantee it won't mess up during that time. However, the estimate due to some manual digging required to REPLACE the clay pipes is $2400, includes replacing to the city sewer line, don't know if the city charges to reconnect us or not. I cannot deal with backing up sewer lines! So our contractor is getting his plumber to give us an estimate, presumably less than Rotorooter, then we can get a cheaper homeowner's insurance rate. All gas, electrical, sewer, water lines renewed, plus the new roof. We essentially had a "whole house body transplant."

It is chilly here today as well. Not cold, but chilly. Later this week, we will have a 40* and a 34* low.

My HOSTAS are starting to poke noses up, some with beautiful unfurled leaves already. I received a new order from Naylor Creek Nursery in WA state today, so time to get out the pots and MiracleGro and my gloves. Let the gardening season begin! I'm behind on taking pictures of everything, including house and garden. Been throwing things out of the Teahouse right and left. At least the trash trailer and the GottaGo portable potty are out of the yard, so I can begin leveling that before grass (weeds actually) begin growing to cover it.

• schoolhouse_gw
    9 years ago

Ouch! yea, I'd get another estimate. Just so the guy knows what he's doing and does it in a timely manner. The one thing that has saved my butt for the last six years is a Home Equity Loan. I know, people have differing opinions about the HELs, but I almost had to because I needed foundation work repair done in 2009 and couldn't have done it without the help. In the mean time, as the principle went down other emergencies arose that my savings account couldn't handle to I took advantage of the loan. It's a 10yr. loan but I'll have it paid off in two more years - unless something major happens again. Perhaps it is too much of a crutch but the interest rate in 2009 was 5%, much cheaper than other creditors. It was no easy decision either, my house had been paid off since 1994.

Glad to hear you can start potting things up. I saw small plastic pots of tulips today at Walmart outside near the entrance. The foliage was about 3" - 4" high with one or two bulbs to a pot I think, at $.98 each. I told Mom now there's a good way to make an instant tulip bed - buy about 20 and plant them out. ha. I just wonder if they'll grow and bloom.

• mushcreek
    9 years ago

Moccasin- Some day I'll have to pick your brain about hostas. They grow well here in upstate SC, and I love them. They bring me right back to my childhood. I have 7 acres of shady property to play with, so I don't think I'll run out of projects any time soon. As soon as we get a certificate of occupancy, I'm going to start dabbling in landscaping.