SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jay83

ebay LED growlight fixture for houseplants?

jay83
9 years ago

I was on ebay saw all the good deals on the awesome LED growlights. (the rectangular square ones that range from a staggering 300W to 900W!! I grow houseplants mainly medium light ones and as well as herbs like basil chives dill oregano rosemary basils. etc I use 4 tube 32W t8s per shelf. now if im not mistaken if I do the math these LED 300W fixture ebay sells for only $80 is equivalent in wattage to me using NINE of my T8 32 watt tubes per shelf from my usual FOUR I use now. that's a lot of light!! :) so my question is if I buy one of these 300W ebay LED growlight fixtures do they have to be a few inches above plant tops for good growth like the t8s have to be or can I keep the LED fixture much higher up from plant tops? and for how many hours a day do you run these LED fixtures for plant growth? here is a link to these awesome and very affordable yet very bright and powerful mega light producing fixtures so u all know what im talking about.

the 300W fixture that according to my math is equal in wattage and brightness to using NINE 32W t8s per light shelf!! seems like ultra light for most plants to grow!

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/300W-LED-Grow-Light-Full-Spectrum-Veg-Flower-Hydroponic-Lamp-Panel-USA-Stock-/231495220079?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0amp;hash=item35e630bb6f

Comments (9)