SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lisakro

Really want to improve my kitchen layout…

lisakro
9 years ago

I was hoping to get some ideas as to how to layout my kitchen. I have read a ton of posts but haven't seen any similar layouts. I would like to avoid major construction and keep appliances where they are if possible but am open to any ideas that would improve the space. I love having a table for family dinners and don't want to have the only option for seating at an island but would love at least 2 stools for island seating. Right now the kitchen is crammed for 2 people to cook in and very choppy with 3 separate areas. I have a pond in the back and would love more windows along the back wall. Also have a deck off the kitchen that would be better with a slider but don't want to give up my table. Putting stools on that side of the peninsula is crowded with table. I have considered adding a bar with stools on the family room side but right now the range has an island hood. I am looking to replace cabinets and floor but keeping appliances. We are a family of 4. I definitely need more storage than what I have now as I have overflow in the basement with platters and small kitchen appliances. I love the look of no upper cabinets with just windows above but really need storage space. I cook every night and the family spends a lot of time in the kitchen together. Any ideas would be so appreciated

Comments (16)