SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
twobelles

Induction + Teppanyaki match?

TwoBelles
9 years ago

Hi all,

We are beginning our new build. Before we begin, I just want to put out there that I'm well aware that I've completely overanalyzed my appliances/kitchen. So, here we go: I'm currently spec'd for a Miele 15" gas wok burner, the 36" induction, and the 15" teppanyaki. On a separate wall, I'm planning on a 30" wall oven, combi-steam, and Mw.

So here's the dilemma: one of my main goals from the outset for this kitchen was a 24" griddle. I had pretty much given up on that, as the configuration above seemed to work best for my layout (which I am committed to at this point). I would like to move to induction, but I'm a bit afraid of completely abandoning gas.

There, I said it.

Gas is kind of my "woobie" in the kitchen, and for as important as this kitchen is to me, I am worried that if I completely let it go and am disappointed with the induction, then I'll be stuck. Thus, the set-up currently includes a gas burner, which is me hedging my bets.

This week I was reading another induction post in which Plllog was discussing the Cook-n-Dine teppanyaki. I began to research it and was very intrigued. Then, on Friday I visited one of my builder's other sites to look at another part of the project and lo and behold....a beautiful 30" CND teppanyaki was being installed. (This homeowner was combining it with a 36" gas range top.) Was this a sign?? So I began to consider whether an induction cooktop and large teppanyaki might be a better option for me. However, it would require me to ditch my gas hob, both for space and because I would probably stir-fry directly on this surface instead of using a wok pan. Thoughts about this? Anyone with experience with this set-up?

Also, as a side note, I'm considering moving from the Miele to the Gagg full-surface induction as well as the Gagg ovens. Apparently, I've lost my mind......comments regarding this "upgrade" welcome from anyone who is still reading this post. :)

Thanks SO MUCH for all your help. I promise to pay it forward when this project is finished.

Comments (20)