SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pupillacharites

Container cages

PupillaCharites
9 years ago
last modified: 9 years ago

I need some design tips for putting a remesh cage on top of a flimsy container!

My worries are: The remesh is only 4.9 feet tall and the container ground level is 14" to 18" high depending on how much I can successfully cover it from wind and debris and have working room for however I water it. The diameter is roughly 12" only, causing stability and much too small diameter problems so I'm hoping for some helpful ideas.

Yesterday I scored off Craigslist some 10 gauge 6 by 6 concrete remesh. My impulse was to buy first and think later since usually these things disappear if you think too long. OK, now I'm thinking I bought a pig in a poke. Help!

Guy had bought a roll for $114 at Lowes last week and used 42 feet for a bar he's opening up downtown and sold me the 106 feet which actually could fit in my car's trunk (EDIT: well, let's say it gave my car a large member sticking out the back, but was stable enough to get home under the radar) with his help packing it ... great deal at $50:

PC, hoping to stick with the tomato crowd and not be sent off to the container forum. I would prefer a 22" diameter cage and to be seven feet from plant's ground level, but I'll settle to find whatever it is I need, since like they say, you can't always get what you want. I'd prefer to keep the 5 foot side as the height so over 7 feet cages are just a fantasy at this point, and that means losing the container height isn't an option by placing the cage on the real ground and the container inside, as it would leave only around 3.5 feet of cage.

Comments (17)

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville