SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gazania_gw

My jeans are SO loose

gazania_gw
9 years ago

So I have lost about 25 pounds. (I do sympathize to all who are struggling with weight gain.) It has taken over a year to loose it. Since I am not able 'work' it off due to a progressive muscle weakening disease, it all came down to what I ate. I didn't do anything major, just reduced portion size. I am still working on convincing my DH that he does not need to share everything equally with me. It is very important to keep my weight in check as my physical abilities are tied to how much my weakened muscles need to move around. I am, without those 25 pounds, more able to do some things, like getting out of the bath tub. 10 more lost pounds will help more. I am working on it.

My biggest issue now is my wardrobe. Haven't bought new blue jeans in years. What happened to the style I have always worn, the sturdy weight all elastic waist style. Can't find them anywhere except in a few catalogs. Ordered a pair and they are wimpy material and the petite size is now too long. Did petite ladies suddenly get taller?

And bras! Apparently everyone wants stretch straps. As a DDD cup, believe me the last thing I want/need is stretch in the straps. All that chest weight just stretches out the strap and results in an unattractive matronly sag.

Next undies. The two brands I have always bought are now using very narrow stiff elastic in the waist and leg openings. Even is a size too large otherwise, the elastic binds and hurts.

That is my rant for the day.

Comments (19)