SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mobbsuit_beasley

It hursts so that my Pachira Aquatica "money tree" plant is hurting so

mobbsuit_beasley
9 years ago

Hi all, love this site and I finally joined!

I've read the threads that are similar to my situation and I am making a unique one now because I want to ask specifically about how this time of year is affecting my plant.

Three months ago, my plant was the best it has ever been. So strong and lovely. Picture attached (albeit a lil dark, sorry, but you can see the happiness).

In December I was away from it for a month a half, and the plantsitter overwatered it.

At the end of January, 2 months after it has been hurting, I replanted it into a larger pot - something that it needed even way back in December already.

I made some drainage using plastic. I put in new soil (forgot which!!). I didn't fully clean out the roots. I lifted the plan together with the earth that was around it's roots and placed it in the middle of the new soil in the larger pot.

I've been watering it, putting near the light or away from it, but the leaves keep falling off! there was a lot of grows but it halted.

What can be done? Should I pull the plant back out and clean all the roots and then place it back?

I live in NY and it's extremely cold lately and very little sun, does that affect the plant? It's the end of February now but will still be cold for a while. Did replant it at the wrong time?

I posted a video on youtube so you can have a look at the current state.

Any direct advice will help tremendously! Thank you kindly.

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!