SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
numbersjunkie

WWYD - Mosaic tile accents?

numbersjunkie
9 years ago

Starting to try to figure out some of the decor details in my master bath remodel, and I would love to get some input on how to use this mosaic tile in my space. I found this tile a while ago, and can't get it out of my head. I think it will go very well with my other choices - a large format soft grey/blue tile and walnut wood for the vanity. Here are pics of the mosaic and the style of vanity I want to have made.

Tile · More Info

Contemporary Bathroom · More Info

I don't really want to use a small strip of the mosiac as a border or backsplash because that seems like a more traditional design element and I really want to keep the look clean and uncluttered. I was planning to use a white quartz for the vanity top, shelf, and backsplash since I want the walnut drawer fronts to be the star.

I saw this pic on Houzz and fell in love with it - thought it was a great use of an accent tile in a contemporary space.

Salle de bain (du Havre) · More Info

So now I am thinking of doing an accent wall with the mosaic - there will be a 4 ft wide x 8 ft tall solid wall separating my freestanding tub from the toilet room and it will be visible off to one side when you enter the room- across from the vanity and running perpendicular to the vanity. I was worried about how to keep that wall from looking like a blank space anyway, but didn't want to clutter it up with shelving or anything.

Another good option would be to use the mosaic tile over the top of the medicine cabinets. I was hoping to use 2- 30" wide Robern uplift cabinets with a strip of walnut between the cabinets and on each end where we can mount lights. Because the Robern cabinets lift up, there has to be 22" of open wall above the cabinets that would just be dead space. I could even add some LED light strips up there to highlight the mosaic. I might even consider using the mosaic in both places, since it might creat some balance, but would it then be too much?

And then there is the underside of the vanity and the side walls that create an alcove for the vanity which could be tiled withe the mosiac but I am thinking that will detract from the simplicity of the walnut vanity.

I would love to hear what everyone here thinks about how to best incorporate this mosaic without making the space seem too busy.

Comments (30)