SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lisaa007

Trying to find the perfect golden beige...

lisa_a
9 years ago
last modified: 9 years ago

is driving me crazy!

I'm trying to find a paint color that will go well with my drapes, PB's Allesandra Floral in gold, for my LR and DR. I plan to use this same color in my hallways - it will be the primary color throughout the house.

I've tried SW Blonde; lovely color but has greenish undertones in certain light that make it look a bit off with the drapes.

I've tried a number of BM colors, settling on Pittsfield Buff, another lovely shade. I thought I had solved this riddle until I noticed that it too reads greenish, especially in artificial light, so it ends up reading a bit muddy with the drapes.

I tried it at 50% strength and it seems to blend better so it's probably my best bet but it still doesn't feel quite right.

I recently tried two Rodda Paint colors, Palest of Lemon and Shortbread. I don't like either of them with the drapes. They look like they'd work well but they don't IRL.

I'm stuck and I need help saving my sanity (what little I have left). I know these drapers are popular and have been around awhile so I'm hoping someone here has found a golden beige that works well with them.

Yellows are tricky. Any advice on choosing the right one much appreciated!
I forgot to add that the DR gets south and west light and the LR gets north light. That adds to the trickiness of picking a paint color.

Comments (32)