SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
stnfdnacho

HVAC replacement with Trane system

stnfdnacho
9 years ago

Hi:

Looking for opinions on this system proposal. I don't have a load calculation yet (found these forums after I got bids). I am replacing the original to the house 21 yr old 150k BTU (which everyone says is terribly oversized) + 5 ton AC + humidifier system. My 2 story house is just under 3000 sq ft and then about 900 sq ft finished basement. We live in eastern Nebraska. Pretty much decided on Trane based on reviews and recommendations. No major heat/cooling concerns. Our furnace ignition circuit board went out on a Friday so when I got that fixed, they said there's no crack in the exchanger yet, but some rust is starting to form. The vents on the 2nd floor are in the floors instead of the ceilings (which I guess is common in my neighborhood) so I think that's helped.

AC: 4TTB6061E1000A - it's the XB16 but I'm told this model has the same 2 stage compressor as the XR17 but being phased out.

Furnace: TUD2D120A9V5VB - XV80.

Coil: 4TXCD061BC3HCB

Humidifier: THUMD500 - power humidifier. Not sure if i need this much but is quoted only $100 more than the 300 large bypass

Thermostat: TCONT824 - I want a thermostat I can control remotely w/ my phone

Total installed: $9500

I've been going back and forth on the XV95 make. That would end up being $11000. I could really use that $1500 for new siding and windows instead plus getting the venting pipes out of the house might prove challenging with the finished basement. I've had 3 different guys give me 3 different answers.

Thanks

Comments (4)