SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
vicsgirl

I ***WAS*** an Animal abuser

vicsgirl
9 years ago
last modified: 9 years ago

We took in a stray male cat 2 years ago. My daughter had seen him hanging around her neighborhood, eating out of trash cans. She couldn't take him in as they have 4 dogs. So we trapped him and brought him home. Took him to vet, had him spayed and treated for fleas and ear mites. About three months ago, we noticed him scratching one ear. Saw what looked like coffee grounds inside his left ear.I tried really hard to get him to the vet but he hated the cat carrier, ran every time he saw me put it out. So I gave up, after cancelling several vet appointments. This week my other daughter was over with her boyfriend. The boyfriend offered to help me get the cat in the carrier. We "baited" the carrier with Desi the cat's favorite wet food. He went inside and BF got the door to it shut and locked. Once at the vet, Desi was angry, had to be held down by the vet assistant wearing gloves up to her elbows. Vet applied drops. Thankfully did not require a clean-out of the ears. Desi came home and went to sleep under the kitchen table. Since then he's been much quieter, no longer scratches at his ear and has been much calmer. He no longer fights with our other cat., an older female. I wish I'd done this three months ago! The poor kitty must have been suffering so with those nasty things biting his ear. So I'm confessing to being an animal abuser. I saw my pet had a problem and let it drag on for months! Never again!! Oh, the vet gave me drops to put on him every month for the next 5 months. And I will get a refill when the drops are gone.

Comments (7)