SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jewelisfabulous

Contractors: How do you feel about referral bonuses/gifts?

jewelisfabulous
9 years ago

My husband and I have hired various contractors this year, including a remodeling company, a tile guy, and a closet system company. Frankly, we should have been rolling in fruit baskets at Christmas based on the referrals/leads we've given these companies, but didn't even receive a thank you card. It's like they all forgot that the follow-up is just as important as the salesmanship is at the beginning of the relationship.

Recently, we referred another vendor that we're about to enter into a second project with (received the bid, but haven't yet signed the contract) to our neighbor. She is a very qualified lead who is ready to buy this month. If she buys from our vendor, he will be getting a $4,000 job. When I emailed the vendor to tell him to expect a call from her, all I got back was an emailed "thanks!". Honestly, I feel he should have said, "Thank you! If she contracts with us, we'll give you "x" amount off your pending project in appreciation."

What gives, contractors??? Why aren't you rewarding your customers for being your most valuable marketing tool?

Comments (35)