Testing photo on topic titles
11 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (14)
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
Related Discussions
Testing Photos
Comments (12)she of the bear ... said: My biggest issue is that ... I am used to taking photos through a view finder and find it difficult especially in light to compose my photo with a led screen... I know I have to practice. ==>> one beauty of digital.. is simply take 12 pix ... and delete 11 of them.. until you learn how to use it ... and does your viewer pull out.. and swivel ... go back to the same plant.. swivel the screen .. place camera below your knees.. or squat .. and take the same plant from eye level .. and dont forget the MACRO setting.. to really get a close up of the flower itself .... if i hold the button halfway in.. the canon will show me the focus point.. and i can move it further back.. if i am too close ... sure beats getting on your belly for the angle ... on conifers i use the same to put the camera arm length above my head ... to shoot cones ... but it is hard to see that small screen with the bright sky as a backdrop ... so i just snap multiple pix.. and at least one turns out good.. even a blind squirrel can find a nut ... lol to bad this isnt all in a post titled something about camera tricks ... unlike children.. the absolute beauty of a plant .... is that it will sit there.. happy as a lark.. as long as you care to point the camera at it.. [though i sometimes wonder.. how it can be an absolute windless day.. until i walk out with the camera.. and find out.. not a single plant in the garden is not in motion .. whats that all about ...] ken...See MoreTesting photo upload
Comments (10)Hope you don't mind if I also do a test with my iPad. Weeeeee, the picture shows in preview! Ah, interesting, it wasn't there when I previewed after adding the last comment and I had to choose file again. Good to know but will I remember the next time I add a photo to a post? Maybe I should post photos everyday to train myself. Edited to correct a typo. This post was edited by hhireno on Sat, Apr 13, 13 at 8:15...See MoreMore photo upload testing
Comments (15)I wanted to check how this tall skinny photo would show up. I noticed that all of the other pictures seemed to be resized to the same width and that the thumbnail or preview was the same size as the photo when clicked on. I liked it better when the thumbnails were small and then you could click on it to get a large photo. Anyway, this photo is one I took this week of a bromeliad in my back yard that I've had for two years, and this is the first time it has bloomed. It has two spikes, but one is much taller and bigger than the other. I had no idea what the flowers would look like, and I was a bit disappointed at first, but now I'm getting used to it, especially since the flowers seem to last quite a long time. The purple parts haven't even opened yet, and it's had spikes for a month now. It's got wicked leaves - like a very sharp saw blade - and so it is difficult to tend, but it seems impervious to pests of any kind. Lars...See MoreIvermectin - Bird topical drops as dog oral heartworm
Comments (2)This site explains what the 'slow kill' does and doesn't do: 'Slow Kill' The following was taken from 'DimeStoreBudget' website. Please note: Some breeds of dogs are more susceptible to Ivermectin. This is because they have a mutation in the MDR1 gene. A blood test can determine if your dog is at risk for Ivermectin sensitivity. While the sensitivity to Ivermectin is not always guaranteed, the following breeds are most likely to be affected: Old English Sheepdog English Sheepdog Shetland Sheepdog (Sheltie) Australian Shepherd German Shepherd Long-haired Whippet Silken Windhound Skye Terrier Collie *** Very sensitive Symptoms Symptoms for the dog may be acute or mild. Acute signs will become apparent within 4 to 12 hours of the drug’s administration. In mild cases, symptoms will occur between 48 to 96 hours after your dog has been treated. Such symptoms include: Lethargy Depression Drooling Vomiting Dilation of the pupil Loss of appetite (anorexia) Difficulty controlling voluntary movement Disorientation Tremors/Seizures Inability to stand Blindness Slow heartbeat Respiratory distress Coma Anyone who uses Ivermectin should be aware that they are doing so at their own risk and the risk of their pet. I've used it in the past when I was raising exotic finches, but I nearly lost 25 birds when the vet mixed the wrong percentage....See More- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
Related Stories

ARTNew Digital Art Frame Gets Put to the Test
Our writer sets up the EO1 at home, then invites artist friends over for a look — at images of their own work. See what they have to say
Full Story
HOME OFFICESThe 20 Most Popular Home Office Photos of 2015
Technology paves the way for space-saving work areas, while designers make up for small sizes with style
Full Story
DECORATING PROJECTSWhat to Do With Old Family Photos
Find out how to research, share and preserve images that offer a connection to the past
Full Story
ORGANIZINGHelp for Whittling Down the Photo Pile
Consider these 6 points your personal pare-down assistant, making organizing your photo collection easier
Full Story
DECORATING GUIDES12 Ways to Style Your Interior Photos Like a Pro
For great home photos, declutter, prop well, and tell a little story
Full Story
PETS50 Dog Photos Worth a Wag
Design hounds: Share in the pet love with Houzzers' snapshots of their beloved dogs at home, in the workshop and at play
Full Story
FURNITUREHow to Choose the Right Sofa Cushion
Shopping for a sofa? Here’s what to know about the basic cushion options — and the all-important test you must do for yourself
Full Story
KITCHEN DESIGN5 Home Cooks Share Their Favorite Family Recipes
Peek inside the kitchens of these Houzz users and learn how to cook their time-tested, passed-down dishes
Full Story
ACCESSORIESTo Chop or Not to Chop?
Karate-chopped pillows pop up in design photos all the time — to the delight of some, the dismay of others. Here's why
Full Story
INSIDE HOUZZ9 Power-User Tricks to Get More From Houzz
Search faster and better, tap into design guides, manage your ideabooks and see photos on your flat-screen TV
Full Story


WalnutCreek Zone 7b/8a