SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_20102524

More Kivik feedback (or other ideas for big slouchy sofas?)

User
9 years ago

I posted a few weeks ago about changing out a sectional in our small, narrow living room for 2 sofas facing one another. Now I'm on the hunt for the sofas. These are not forever sofas - I have 2 boys, ages 6yo and almost 11yo who are outsized in every way, especially in how they wear on furniture.

So I've been looking for something reasonably priced ($1k-ish apiece) but very comfortable and at least somewhat durable - in other words, something that won't look horrible in a year. This is our primary living/family space, and I want it to function for small groups of video gaming kids as well as adult conversation. My husband is also super tall and is a big fan of laying around on couches to watch NBA games and movies, so he wants something that is as long and as wide as possible.

So far, the reasonably priced sofas I've seen at the usual suspect stores seem to be on the more compact side. The few I've found that are longer - like a nice-looking 96"er at Macys - tend to be relatively narrow.

My husband (who normally hates Ikea) has suggested maybe we should just opt for Ikea. It would certainly be cheaper, and probably not a whole lot less durable. I was looking for a couch for our den awhile back and kind of liked the Kivik. The dimensions are not huge, but I remember it feeling like a good napping/kid playing couch. We'd pay to have someone deliver and assemble them, but I'm concerned about how sturdy the frame would be, and how well the cushions hold up to regular use. I saw some older feedback in the GW archives that was mixed, and wondered if anyone had any updates - or any other nominees for a good, long, wide, lower-priced couch (I know, unlikely.)

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH