SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gigim_gw

Cleaning Stainless Steel appliances-what worked for me!

gigim
9 years ago

I have had terrible time cleaning the doors of my LG side by side SS refridge. I read through all the posts (mostly about water stains on SS dishwashers) and went home last night to give some a try. (BTW I was also looking at cleaning for glass top stoves)

I tried most of the suggestions and although I could get most of the water stains off I could not completely remove the "film" that was clouding different areas of the doors....nothing completely took care of this....until I tried Cerama Bryte Cooktop Cleaner (which I think I actually saw recommended for the glass cook tops on a different post). Wiped it on with a clean dry soft cloth, used some extra effort on the cloudy areas, wiped off with a damp clean soft cloth, dried with a new soft cloth then sprayed with Weiman's Stainess Steel Cleaner and Polish, wiped that off and buffed with yet another clean soft cloth (luckily I have a lot of those). It looks better than new, water marks, spots, finger prints and those pesky cloudy areas are all gone and it looks shiny, clean and beautiful. I am so pleased. Although it may sound like a lot it was actually not a great deal of work and the finished product was worth the effort.

Comment