SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
fourquinn

Cape Cod kitchen recommendations inset an issue?

fourquinn
9 years ago

Hi all,
we've purchased a small cape cod style home on Cape Cod and need to put in a new kitchen (the original kitchen is beautiful but not functional). This is a second home and one we plan on renting out sometimes. We don't have a large budget. Looking for suggestions on Kitchen designers (our primary home is in the South Shore of Massachusetts). Awaiting a quote on Dynasty Omega from Cape Cod Lumber. I would love to get inset cabinets but was told there are issues on the cape with drawers sticking etc. We may need to go will full overlay due to pricing but I wonder if I need to truly be concerned about inset drawers/doors not functioning - we are a 1/2 mile away from the ocean. We only have window a/c so that may be a factor I suppose. Hoping to find a designer that can be creative and try to achieve a higher end look on a smaller budget. If we need to go with full overlay, I'd like to find a cabinet line and designer who can minimize seeing any of the cabinet box - feel like some full overlays look much better than others. I welcome any ideas, insight and recommendations. Thank you!

Comments (5)