SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
susanwrites_gw

permanent garment drying rack?

susanwrites
9 years ago

I am trying to plan the laundry room for our new place and am looking for inspiration.

I tend to air dry a lot of garments. Shirts and slacks go in the dryer for a few minutes to help with wrinkles and then put them on hangers and hang them all over the place for a day while they dry. When we had our old house the laundry room was right near the garage so I had one of those silver heavy duty garment racks out in the garage and I would run clothes back and forth. I also had a couple of fold down racks in the laundry room that worked for short items.

I am trying to plan for this in the new laundry room. I don't have any room dimensions yet but it can be pretty much what I decide I want/need it to be. (We're gutting the insides of the place and starting over.)

Anyone have any inspiration photos of such a thing? I am talking about hanging heavy damp clothes, not putting things like a few socks or undergarments on those lightweight racks.

To add to it all, we are going for a cottage look so those silver garment racks that look industrial don't thrill me much.

Thanks in advance.

Comments (11)