SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dlore758

Where can I purchase bagged Premium Organic Compost in the Bronx?

9 years ago

Hello Fellow Gardeners and Happy Holidays!... I am brand new to the forums on Garden web.com. I'm in the nyc area(Bronx, N.Y. 10472)and have been having a heck of a time finding anyone local who may carry any TRUE premium organic compost, or, soil mix/blend. I've looked into my local home improvement box store and have had no other choice in the past. There also use to be a recycling plant in the Bronx(Soundview)as well but, has since closed( I'm really not quite certain if I would of used any of the product from a municipal recycling plant anyway). This past planting season(2014), I had a couple of 30lb. bags shipped to my doorstep(which is certainly out of the ordinary, and, a blessing in disguise)from a place out in Delaware. The shipping certainly set me back a bit but, at least I was able to receive a much better quality product(really counted my blessings). I Have already contacted the same supplier for this coming year as well but, I'm thinking unless I can land a six or seven figure salary somewhere, and, If I continue on this path, I'll be panhandling sooner than later. I must say, the premium organic compost I received payed off in the longrun but, not quite certain if I can continue this way. I have also started trying my hand at making my own organic compost through vermicomposting but, I don't really have the room for more than 2 - 18gal. totes of earthworms... along with the 60lbs. I'm having shipped, It seems to supplement my 2 raised garden beds(10' X 10' each), worm bins and starter soil mix pretty well but, I have to make sure I make 2 additional batches of castings in order to maintain a nice supply of nutrient rich organic matter for my garden soil & plants throughout the planting season. Anyone know of a Bronx, N.Y. supplier of bagged premium organic compost & soil mix?, who may be either willing to ship, or deliver in the Bronx, N.Y.(10472)area? within the Bronx would be ideal! I'm also willing to pick up within a short driving distance(I'm partially handicapped)as well. can anyone help?

Comment