SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
amj0517

Furniture selection and placement in basement - help please

amj0517
9 years ago

Our basement is FINALLY useable, after about two years of construction. DIY...

We currently have our old furniture in place and would like to update it when we are financially ready. But I'd like to have a plan so we're not buying random pieces that won't work together. I need help with everything... lamps, end tables, accessories. I'm clueless and have very little confidence in my choices.

We have a TV and console (Lincoln media center from Pottery Barn) that are new. They will stay. Also, were are building a wall of built-in bookshelves using IKEA Billy shelves.

The basement will be primarily for TV watching and playing video games. Big sports fans in our house! Three young boys.

Eventually I'd like a table of some type near the bar area, but for now, my primary focus is figuring out sofas and chairs around the TV. DH loves big recliners. I'm not a fan. We are a family of 5. I'm leaning towards the Pottery Barn Pearce, Basic or Comfort sofa (configuration to be determined). I have a few ideas of what I think would work, but I'd love ideas from you!

Dimensions of the space (the steps from upstairs come down along the long bar cabinet wall):
{{gwi:2138021}}

View from the far end of the basement (the kids were really excited to have carpet{{gwi:807}}!):
{{gwi:2138022}}

{{gwi:2138023}}

{{gwi:2138024}}

Bar area (counters will be installed in a few week):
{{gwi:2138025}}

Two bar stools will go here:
{{gwi:2138026}}

All help and ideas will be appreciated! Let me know if you want/need other pictures or info.

This post was edited by amj0517 on Thu, Jan 29, 15 at 12:43

Comments (15)

Sponsored
Manifesto, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 2x Best of Houzz Winner!