SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
neustkg

Jeld-Wen, Simonton, or Andersen sliding glass patio doors?

neustkg
9 years ago

We have this extra wide opening (89" wide, 80" tall) to the back yard and in that space is a fixed pane of glass on the left with a normal slider to the right. It has been on it's last legs for a while now, really bad last two years. You can feel cold air coming in during the winter. Also to keep the door sliding (not smoothly anymore, just movable), I spray the tracks and rollers with silicone spray. It's time to replace it. We've had people out before to look at the windows in general and we've found out that even though the house was built in 1994, the windows are from the 1980s. They are double pane, but very cheap. I want an extra wide slider put in to take up the entire space (no fixed pane).

I had one company come out and they said the door would need to be custom made (by their company). $5 grand for one with a lifetime warranty, $3 grand for one with a 3 year warranty. Both prices include installation.

We had Champion come out. They said only option would be fixed pane and standard window. $5 grand installed. Otherwise, fill in part of the wall and go with standard sized door or open wider and go with two double sliders. No way we're going with that option.
I went to Home Depot and they did a search and found that Jeld-Wen and Andersen both have a door that would fit in our opening. Maybe even Simonton. Price for Jeld-Wen is $1100 before installation, Andersen $1300 before installation. So I made an appointment with their Home Depot installer to talk about our options. I like that price and with installation, will probably be well below $3 grand.

Anyone have any experience with Jeld-Wen, Simonton, or Andersen? And with Home Depot installation?

Comments (42)

Sponsored
Kwon Contracting
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Innovative & Creative General Contractors Servicing Loudoun County, VA