SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
xclusive_gw

Please help with paint/decorating dining room

Xclusive
9 years ago

Hello, I wanted to get some help painting and decorating my dining room and was looking for some help. I am finally getting the dining room together that I wanted when we moved in two years ago but due to budget restraints didn�t :) I have done hardwood floors and just finished coffered ceiling and wainscot. The trim is painted SW Proclassic white and I need help with painting the walls from the wainscot to the ceiling. I saw three colors that I really liked in person at a Parade of Homes or online at Houzz.com but when I did paint samples on foam boards they didn't come out as I expected. The colors were BM Lenox Tan, SW Universal Khaki and SW Relaxed Khaki. Guess I can say I finally understand now when people say that colors take on different looks in different rooms and with different lighting. What I am basically looking for is a warm color that not to light or to dark but that will make the white on the trim pop (my wife doesn't want any grays). I will also take any other suggestions on decorating the room as well. The dining room opens up into the foyer and the main hallway and also opens up into the kitchen.

Things that I have left to do are 3 recessed lights (1 to light some type of art on the exterior wall), 2 ceiling speakers and 2 wall sconces on each side of the columns going into the kitchen. Ok enough talking on to the pictures:

Before PIcs

{{gwi:2137323}}

{{gwi:2137324}}

{{gwi:2137325}}

{{gwi:2137326}}

{{gwi:2137327}}

After Pics

{{gwi:2137328}}

{{gwi:2137329}}

{{gwi:2137330}}

{{gwi:2137331}}

{{gwi:2137332}}

{{gwi:2137333}}

These are the three colors I tested (from left to right SW Relaxed Khaki, SW Universal Khaki, and BM Lenox Tan)

Daytime

{{gwi:2137334}}

{{gwi:2137335}}

Relaxed Khaki

{{gwi:2137336}}

Universal Khaki (cheap foam board, don�t buy from Dollar Store) :)

{{gwi:2137337}}

Lenox Tan

{{gwi:2137338}}

Night time with shutters closed

{{gwi:2137339}}

Sorry for so many pics but just tried to give as much info as possible with visuals as well.

Thanks

Comments (44)

Sponsored
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators in Franklin County