SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lakeviewmama

Help choosing a durable dining table and chairs

lakeviewmama
9 years ago

Would love your help in recommending a source for a decent dining table and chairs. I just purchased a set from Crate & Barrel (Basque) and am so disappointed with the quality.

Specifications:
Can seat 8 (either fixed or with extension)
Fixed length cannot exceed 90", no restriction on width
Rectangular
Open to bench seating on one side
Durable for a young family
Transitional in style (we have a pretty classically remodeled 50s ranch), I like the "rustic" look but don't want something with tons of gaps and crevices in the table

I liked the simple style of the Basque and the price (with a coupon code just about $2K for 82" table + bench + 5 chairs). But the colors between all the pieces were a complete mismatch and 2 of the 5 chairs were horribly constructed (jagged pieces of wood), which gives me doubt about the quality of the entire collection.

This doesn't need to last forever, and it doesn't need to be completely resistant to scratches/kids. But I'd love something clean-lined and durable that will look nice in our home for 10 years or more.

Any suggestions? Open to any sources you would recommend, and would like to stay under $3K for tables + chairs, ideally a little less.

Thank you!

Comments (12)