SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ttodd

2015 HGTV Dream Home....Finally!

ttodd
9 years ago

Due to the lack of HGTV Dream Home posts that I've seen over the years after January 1st, I would have to assume that either we are so totally over The HGTV Home or they've just been that plain underwhelming for quite a few years.

I can't remember the last time that I saw an HGTV Dream Home that I thought was really well designed architecturally and was a home that looked like one that I might see on any given walk or run if I lived in that area. It looked, well, appropriate! And it wasn't overly filled w/ excessive stuff like elevators! And 8 billion rooms and wings for a family to never see each other in.

I was more taken w/ the architectural design of it. As usual I wasn't blown away by the interior design of it. I already know some of the pieces that I will be selling when I move in, but overall it wasn't so bad! I was really pleasantly surprised!

It had all of the thing's I've thought of and wanted in a home that I designed should I ever have to knock down my ex SIL's crappy new build and start from scratch should I ever end up w/ that property by default.

One floor living w/ a 1 1/2 story feel so that I can grow anciently old in it and still be able to wheel myself to my bedroom, 1 large central 'hub' of living room for the family to be together in. I've always felt that as my children get older and try to get away from us they already have their bedrooms to go to, why should I give them additional rooms to hide away from us in?

The bedrooms are placed in the corners of the home in essentially off of the large common room. I will have to find area for 1 other bedroom though.

Hallways that are on the sides of the home w/ windows looking out instead of dark central hallways.

Windows, lots and lots of real windows.

So if you watched, what did you think of the over all architectural design of it?

And of course if you'd like to chime in on the interior design of it I'd like to hear that too!

{{gwi:2136816}}
{{gwi:2136817}}
{{gwi:2136818}}
{{gwi:2136819}}
{{gwi:2136820}}

Here is a link that might be useful: 2015 HGTV Dream Home

This post was edited by TheFoxesPad on Sat, Jan 3, 15 at 9:49

Comments (74)