SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
juddgirl2

Thoughts on 2-tone q/sawn oak lowers and painted uppers? X-post

juddgirl2
9 years ago

This is sort of an x-post from kitchens where I was asking if it was possible to replace my honey oak doors with quartersawn white oak without having a mismatch in grain and stain color.

Looking for more input on 2-toned kitchens and whether it might be a good option to use stained quartersawn oak shaker style lowers and White Dove painted uppers in order to update some good quality but tired looking honey oak cabinets. I'm definitely replacing the fronts - the only question now is the style and color.

I'm also considering Edgecomb Gray for the lowers but wood might work better with my existing granite and keep some warmth in the kitchen.

These are some inspiration pictures of stained lowers and painted uppers that I included in the other post (I have the same slate floor and stone fireplace as shown in the first 2 pics).

{{gwi:2135269}}

Farmhouse Kitchen by London Kitchen Designers & Remodelers Harvey Jones Kitchens

{{gwi:2135270}}

Rustic Kitchen by Omaha Design-Build Firms Precision Enterprises, Inc.

Traditional Kitchen by Marietta Kitchen & Bath Designers Creative Cabinets and Faux Finishes. LLC

{{gwi:2135271}}

Transitional Kitchen by San Carlos General Contractors Allwood Construction Inc

{{gwi:2135272}}

Traditional Kitchen by San Francisco Interior Designers & Decorators Nina sobiNina Design

Traditional Kitchen by Ottawa Cabinets & Cabinetry Laurysen Kitchens Ltd.

Here is a link that might be useful: Xpost on Kitchens Forum

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH