SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
muskokascp_gw

Help me stop procrastinating and decide on cabinet finishes

muskokascp
9 years ago

It's a snow/blizzard day here today which has given me some time to try and tackle the final stages of this remodel, but I need some help and opinions. Help me wrap up this project!!
We finished our kitchen a couple of years ago and the project included an addition for the kitchen, moving the powder room and adding on and expanding the laundry room so it would function as a mud room as well. With the inevitable project fatigue we stalled at completing the laundry/mud room and have stayed stalled ! The plans are drawn but I really need some help with selecting the finishes for the cabinets! Then I can order them and see the main floor work all completed..wouldn't that be nice!

For background, the house is pretty traditional in architecture but we lean toward more contemporary style inside the house. The kitchen has white cabinetry with one long serving unit in a high gloss grey. The powder room, which is beside the laundry room, has a high gloss red vanity.

Options I am considering for the laundry room include:
1) all wood, slab doors in a dark wood, maybe quarter sawn oak, white painted cubbies including the cupboard above the sink.
2) white cubbies and cabinet above the sink, all other cabinetry painted grey
3) all charcoal grey including cubbies with white counter
4) charcoal grey cubbies and cabinets but white cabinets on the w/d wall

I have included pictures to help :

Relation ship of powder room to laundry room
{{gwi:2136133}}

{{gwi:2136134}}

{{gwi:2136135}}

Plans:
{{gwi:2136136}}

{{gwi:2136137}}

{{gwi:2136138}}